Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Isn't this an unwritten law?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
To not invite friends over to a house that isn't yours?

My brother and his gf are staying with us for a while and today I left for my volunteer job. I had to come back home to pick some stuff up. There were some random guys just sprawled out in my living room!

That's unacceptable IMO. I have children who are in and out of the house all day. What would they think if they saw strangers in their home? They would be uncomfortable for sure.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it would have been appropriate for them to ask if they can have some friends by. 

Alot of people don't understand etiquette. They aren't raced in that way anymore, which is why they think it's ok to be rude, obnoxious and annoying; and hide behing "That's who I am."  Well.. Sometimes you need to be someone else. 

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I would never invite someone over to house that wasn't mine, at least without asking first.  I think it's rude. 

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I agree.
AussieReg
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Basically you are the person who makes the rules!!!  Years ago my brother lived with me my DH and my baby girl after his first divorce. I made the rules, no smoking in our house, no females here in any way other than if you ask me first and it does not conflict with my life and must keep bathroom and bedroom clean all the time and he abided these rules and paid us a small amount each month in rent. You need to lay down the rules and if bro and GF don't like them then they need to LEAVE. You should never be made uncomfortable in your own home and your brother and his GF need to abide your laws.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Idk if they live there, then that is their home. One reason why ground rules should be set in place before moving anyone in, for any reason. If I had someone living with me,I wouldn't expect them to never have a guest over again. Lol
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I agree. My brother did that once and I was like...WTH? They were gone by the time I found out. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Generally, yes. What do you mean by "staying with"? Are tgey visiting? Living there for a while?
childofGod995
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

i think you should tell them under no circumstances while you are away from the house should there be any kind of company.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM
That's part of the reason I kicked my in-laws out. His sister invited her friend and the friends boyfriend over. The "friends" ended up staying for 6 days. I told dh, mil, and fil these people need to go. After finally getting them out of our home, dh spoiled brat of a sister begins acting so hateful towards me and dh. Ugh.... Not long after that they got the boot because of sil.
kann16
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

i totally agree. i hate it when my boyfriend has his friends over, and his friends invite more people over, just assuming that it is ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN