Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your mom had you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies
As a teen, were you a teen mom yourself? What did she put in your head about her choices?

My mom was a teen mom. First child she had was at 15. She always told us how hard it was for her. Tried to stop us from having sex until we were married or at least 18 & graduated from high school.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM
My bio mom had me at 14. I was adopted and I didn't have my.first child till I was 21 and happily married. I sincerely hope my girls wait till they are either happily married or in a committed relationship.
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My mom was a teen mom at 16. She didn't have me until she was 29 though. She has 10. She never talked to me about sex. My parents like to pretend it doesn't exist. I wasn't a teen mom. But I wasn't really that interested in sex back then.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Did you ever meet your Bio mother?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

My bio mom had me at 14. I was adopted and I didn't have my.first child till I was 21 and happily married. I sincerely hope my girls wait till they are either happily married or in a committed relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
My mother was 2 months from being 21 and was married. She never discussed age with me, just that she wanted me to be married when I had sex/children. I was married before we had our first at 17. I wouldn't have it any other way. My grandmother was married young and had her children at the exact same ages I had mine.
EvilAsh
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

My mom was 23 when she had me, she was pregnant right after high school and married to my father though. Teen mom or no, her choices shaped mine. I wanted the opposite of what she had.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
My mom had
Me at 24

I had dd at 16
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Did seeing her with that many kids, the first from a young age stop you from having sex young?

Quoting zeenah:

My mom was a teen mom at 16. She didn't have me until she was 29 though. She has 10. She never talked to me about sex. My parents like to pretend it doesn't exist. I wasn't a teen mom. But I wasn't really that interested in sex back then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
My mom had me a month before she turned 18, i had my first 5 days after i turned 20. My sister just under me followed more of my moms footsteps from not graduating to having a baby young. I think my sister was 18 when she had her baby.
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Did seeing her with that many kids, the first from a young age stop you from having sex young?

Quoting zeenah:

No I have always liked older guys. So as a teen I didn't want to sleep with other teens. I matured rather quickly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)