Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help my bf feels replaced.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So our son is four months old and well my bf has been acting weird for awhile like he's more handsy and always trying to get my attention even when I'm taking care of our son. Finally I ask wtf is his deal he's actin like an idiot and he tells me he feels like our baby has replaced him. I mean I know I spoil my son he's my first and he's a baby but I didn't know I was ignoring my bf. what do I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Spend time with bf while baby is sleeping.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Make sure baby's needs are met and that you aren't devoting every minute to the baby (not saying you are). Plan date nights while baby is sleeping. If he's still whining, tell him to grow up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I do every time and I even get one of my friend to babysit when she's free so we can just have time together. But it seems like nothing's enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're doing everything you can and he still feels like that he needs to get over it then.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do every time and I even get one of my friend to babysit when she's free so we can just have time together. But it seems like nothing's enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

butterflykiss10
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Tell him to switch places with you for a week and I bet he won't be whinning anymore...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
It's about to happen I start classes Monday and he will have to take over.

Quoting butterflykiss10:

Tell him to switch places with you for a week and I bet he won't be whinning anymore...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Try your best but stay prepared. My ex-husband left because I was breast feeding our dd. She was just a tiny baby and we couldn't afford formula if we wanted to. I was doing what was best for our family but he couldn't deal with the baby needing me and my body every few hours. He felt replaced and ended up leaving. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM
If he liked it then he should have put a ring on it....
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Bump
butterflykiss10
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Good for you, what are the classes for? When he sees how hard it is to care for a baby without your help he will appreciate and respect you more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)