Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why not, you pay me for it!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm so frustrated right now, last night my husband told me I have a $300 Vegas spending limit, but when he goes on his 'bike' trip to the grand canyon, he is going to take his gas guzzling bronco, a trailer, his bike, and a jeep and stop off in moab and he will spend however much money he pleases since he is the bread winner and all!

Oh gee thanks honey! I told him that he will spend the same amount or raise my amount, because his 'bike' trip is a make up for my Vegas trip and he said you get $300 and I'll spend however much I want!

So then I get mad, naturally, because my husband thinks that all money is his, even my child support, whenever I spend it mainly on stuff for kids and house he throws a fit! And he comes over and asks for a kiss, and I replied, 'why not, you pay me for it!' His response was 'right!'

I'm so tired of my dh being a douche bag, this is getting old!
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

sorry, can't read what you wrote. combination of tiny-pink letters doesn't work with my eyes :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Fuck that. I would spend what I want as long as I could afford it.
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
That's what I'm thinking about doing, I know how much money we have and I know we can afford more than $300

Quoting Anonymous:

Fuck that. I would spend what I want as long as I could afford it.
Madismom29
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Sounds like you two need to have a serious heart to heart. He needs to treat you like his equal. Marriage is 50/50, bottom line. Start sleeping in another room, give him the silent treatment, or suggest counseling. I'm not one to jump right to divorce, marriages have problems, its natural. Be honest with him, and tell him that enough is enough.

blue_elephant
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I have tried this, I've tried talking to him, and he doesn't care or doesn't want to hear it.

Quoting Madismom29:

Sounds like you two need to have a serious heart to heart. He needs to treat you like his equal. Marriage is 50/50, bottom line. Start sleeping in another room, give him the silent treatment, or suggest counseling. I'm not one to jump right to divorce, marriages have problems, its natural. Be honest with him, and tell him that enough is enough.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Honestly...a bike trip and a Vegas trip are not the same. What is his stance on gambling? I've never gambled and DH gives himself $20. If you want to have the same amount of fun money, I suggest saving for it as you go. DH and I each put away $25/paycheck for fun money.

Having money doesn't equal spending money. We save a lot for retirement and college. GL!

Not having access to money would not fly here. DH and I made a budget together and stick to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM
A 'bike' trip with a trailer, a jeep, and a truck is completely different than a non gambling Vegas trip! I'm going for a girls weekend, and leaving on Friday, which will be mainly driving, then playing on Friday, and then driving back on Sunday!

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Honestly...a bike trip and a Vegas trip are not the same. What is his stance on gambling? I've never gambled and DH gives himself $20. If you want to have the same amount of fun money, I suggest saving for it as you go. DH and I each put away $25/paycheck for fun money.

Having money doesn't equal spending money. We save a lot for retirement and college. GL!

Not having access to money would not fly here. DH and I made a budget together and stick to it.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Definately agree!

Quoting Madismom29:

MoonShadowDream
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM

so either go to counseling or divorce him

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting MoonShadowDream:

so either go to counseling or divorce him

So now she will be single, with 4 kids and who know how many dads. Another drain on society.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured