Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this make me a bad person?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

So I am in my early twenties, and the people I hang out with are all mature. The youngest friend I have is 19 and she is going to a university, she wants to be a teacher, she focuses on her studies, etc. When she comes over she plays with dd and always brings her a little gift or something. Point is, I surround myself with mellow, responsible people. Anyway, I grew up in a town where most of the people I went to school with did not go to college, have 3 kids by age 21, try to act 15 when they are 22, etc. So I add some of these people on fb just to read their statuses when I'm up at night with nothing to do, solely for entertainment purposes. I just read them. I don't get involved or anything. Hey, they added me back? It's as good as reading stuff on fail.com..I kinda feel bad about it though..because these are real people with real problems and I'm being entertained by it :(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

If this makes you a bad person, then most of the mom's here at CM are bad for the same reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM

bump..

adulation
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I don't think it makes you a bad person, it just makes me wonder what's going on in your life that makes you want to read other people's drama for entertainment..

The last thing I want to see on my FB is stupid crap by annoying people, I just don't see how you could enjoy it.  but then again, I have a LOT going on in my life right now.  I probably paid more attention to that stuff back when I was a sahm.  I don't remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN