Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was fat and I judge you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 412 Replies
17 moms liked this

Seriously?  I have a feeling some people only read the title and then commented because if you read the post I am not talking about looking at an overweight woman and automatically assuming she is fat because she is lazy.  I don't judge what is on the outside like some of you have said.  More like what is on the inside.  If you are overweight and constantly complain about it and how hard it is to lose because you must have some sort of thyroid issue, or it is genetic, or you are big boned yet you have never had medical tests to confirm this and sit around being lazy and eating horrible foods because you think you can't lose because you MUST have something wrong with you so you don't want to try, that is what I judge.  And when you put down thin women to make yourself feel better, that is what I judge.  Try reading the whole thing before judging me since some of you have said what a horrible person I am for judging others...

I was fat and I judge fat people.  I used to be skinny.  I was 120 pounds at 5"8' and could eat whatever I wanted.  Had my babies and bounced right back to my prepregnancy weight.  After my fourth child I got severe PPD.  I never wanted to do anything, had major mood swings, and ate.  Really bad stuff.  All the time.  I gained 40 pounds.  I tried blaming it on having a baby.  I gained 20 more pounds.  I tried to say it was my thyroid or hormones or something.  I finally got sick of it and took myself to a doctor.  I got help for my PPD.  Then I got tested and found that there was absolutely no reason for me to gain weight medically.  The only thing wrong with me was high blood pressure from being fat.  So I stopped making excuses, got off my ass, and exercised and ate good food again.

Two of my overweight friends, who had been telling me this whole time Oh you look fine, don't worry about it.  You look great! decided they would try to lose weight as well with me.  One of them got tested and did have a thyroid issue but after getting on meds she had no problem losing as long as she followed the diet and exercise program we were doing. My other friend was convinced that she had problems.  unlike the two of us she had been overweight her entire life and her parents and siblings were overweight as well.  She thought it was hereditary and she had something really wrong with her.  Her doctor told her that the only thing wrong with her was her willpower and the thinking that she had trouble with her weight so she should not even try.  He told her that her parents were probably overweight because of lazyness and they instilled that into their children(her).  There was no reason for her not to lose weight.  She thought about it and even went to a therapist to help her and after talking it out she realized that she cheated on every diet she ever went on and that was why it didn't work.  She made excuses about working out and that is why it didn't help.  

When my friend and I got her to be responsible for what she did and we created a support system for each other making ourselves accountable for what we did, she lost weight.  Her own mother told her she needed to stop, she was becoming anorexic.  She didn't want her to lose the weight for some reason.  She has lost almost 100 pounds to date.   My other friend got back to her high school weight and wants to lose about 10 more pounds.  The friend that lost the most has been amazed that she actually could do it and be that skinny.  So yes, all these people that make excuses, I judge.  I was there, I made excuses.  I saw my friend go through it with her excuses that it was hereditary and she had to have some sort of issue.  The one friend that actually did have a problem got on meds and worked harder than both of us and still did it.  There is NO excuse to be so overweight.  There are ways to help yourself.  And if you say you are happy being overweight, you are lying to yourself and everyone else because you are too lazy to work for it.  

And some of you also say but I only eat once a day or something like that.  Yeah, when your once a day is at Mcdonalds that doesn't make it ok. Most of the value meals are a days worth of calories themselves and when you add an apple pie or Mcflurry it is even worse.  Then if you eat that as one meal and have other meals throughout the day, that is like 3 days of calories.  Alot of people don't  even realize how many calories they are taking in but blame thyroid or something for being fat.  And most of them have not even gotten tested.

EDIT-Since some of you can't understand,  I don't mean I automatically look at an overweight person and judge them.  They could have already lost 100 pounds and be working on losing more for all I know.  I meant this post for the ones that say they have thyroid issues or whatever other issue yet eat at Mcdonalds every other day.

Yet another edit since some people do not read...If you are working for it and complaining it is not fast enough, I feel your pain.  I don't judge you for that.  I have been there, done that.  I don't care if you are 200 pounds overweight.  If you are trying then I am cheering you on and worshiping you.  But if you are sitting on your ass saying that you can't lose the weight because of some issue you have not been tested for that you assume you have because of what you read on the internet, yes I judge.  Even if you just switch from soda to water to try, I am happy for you.  If you only walk for 30 minutes once a week to try, good for you!  But if you do nothing and try and hide the fact you are overweight and lazy by telling a skinny person Men like curvy women and dogs like bones, I judge you hard.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areles
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
3 moms liked this

So, because you and a couple of friends had absolutely no excuse to be overweight, it's not okay for anyone to be overweight. Guess I missed the part where we are all supposed to be sheep.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
16 moms liked this

Yeah, you don't know much about nutrition. Not enough calories sends the body into starvation mode and slows down the metabolism and that is why those that "eat once a day' don't lose weight. Not because they are eating at mcdonald's!

MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM
15 moms liked this

Yeah, I've recently lost a shit load of weight too due to working my ass off and eating very healthy!

I have not however lost the filter from my brain to my mouth and would never say to anyone, no matter how fat, what you just said! That's just wrong!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM
17 moms liked this
I've always been skinny but I don't judge overweight people.

I understand your intent.. But you win more flys with honey than vinegar. You could make this an inspirational post (look what we did! You can do it too!) but instead chose to go the negative route. It's a shame, really.
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM
6 moms liked this
I really don't care if you judge me or not. I know I'm lazy, and I make no excuses I just love food and soda way too much.

It seems a waste of time and energy for you to judge people who really don't care what you think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Ha. No shit.
Every fat person has a thyroid issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM

read the post again.  One friend actually did have problems but with extra work she lost the weight.  Even if you have medical problems you can still do it and there is no excuse but laziness.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, because you and a couple of friends had absolutely no excuse to be overweight, it's not okay for anyone to be overweight. Guess I missed the part where we are all supposed to be sheep.

Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM
5 moms liked this

I've been up and down in weight and I don't judge overweight people. It's their life, their desicion that is not for me to make. If they want to be that way, fine. If they want to change but won't...well, sucks they won't motivate themselves but I will not put them down for it. Being positive and inspriational helps a lot more than "I judge you, you're lazy and making excuses."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)