Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an unhealthy skinny chick but my firiend is not.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
I can eat whatever and never work out and remain skinny. I wanted to be skinnier though. I was 115 and wanted to be back at 100.

I started working out for 30 minutes 3 days a week and I've slimmed down to 103.

I excitedly told my friend this and she got all huffy puffy and said sarcastically "awesome"

She's not fat but she has to work to be average sized.

It makes me mad that just because I'm skinnier than her, I'm not allowed to be excited about weight loss.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Gotta love the double standard in some situations.  Not.

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I have been underweight for a while and finally gained some weight when I was put on steroids for my back, I am finally looking healthy and at a good weight for my height. I got made fun of and told I have some major issues for "wanting to get fat". It kinda hurt my feelings...it's not necessarily just an image thing it's my health getting better as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM

It's because you're bragging.

It sucks that 'skinny chicks' can't be happy about weight loss, but it is what it is, and I guess there needs to be some sensitivity to others.

It's totally a double-standard. It would be interesting to get some input from average sized women on why they think this double-standard is okay.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Was the "awesome" because you are too thin? Is she worried about your weight and instead of confronting you about it, just rolled her eyes, because she has told you that you are already too thin and you are possibly making yourself sick?

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
How tall are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Probably because unless you're extremely short you look like a stick fugire... that is not a healthy weight at all. I'm short and that is WAY too thin.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Yeah... I have learned to not even MENTION how I need to workout because all I get are eyerolls and scoffs.

Yeah, I'm thin... but I'd like to be in shape too. Apparently it's a crime to talk about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

You're allowed to be excited with other skinny people. She's allowed to be frustrated.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Sounds like my friend who complains and says that she's fat, when she's only 115. -.-  Mind you, said friend is 5'4.  Nothing close to fat.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not necessarily true. My friend is barely 100 lbs and she looks very healthy. She's not much shorter than me. People carry weight differently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because unless you're extremely short you look like a stick fugire... that is not a healthy weight at all. I'm short and that is WAY too thin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)