Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an unhealthy skinny chick but my firiend is not.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I can eat whatever and never work out and remain skinny. I wanted to be skinnier though. I was 115 and wanted to be back at 100.

I started working out for 30 minutes 3 days a week and I've slimmed down to 103.

I excitedly told my friend this and she got all huffy puffy and said sarcastically "awesome"

She's not fat but she has to work to be average sized.

It makes me mad that just because I'm skinnier than her, I'm not allowed to be excited about weight loss.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (61-62):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Probably shouldn't be bragging to someone when they struggle with it. That's like going up a person with infertility issues and saying look how easy it was for me to get pregnant! You just don't do that.

It's ok to be excited for yourself, but no need to rub it in anyone's face.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM

No one is saying that you shouldn't be excited.  Just that you should be diplomatic and sensitive about it with someone who happens to struggle with that very issue IF YOU KNOW IT. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This is what is wrong with society today.  You can't be excited about something for yourself and have to pussyfoot around because you might hurt someone elses feelings.  You know what, if I lose weight and my fat friend is pissy, who fucking cares.   If I am having a baby no matter how many kids I have I am going to be excited for the new child in my life no matter what.  Too bad for you.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Well, what do you expect?  You know how hard it is for her, so for you to say it in an excited way is just kind of hurtful to her.  Think of it like gushing about baby number 7 to your infertile friend.   THis would be a case where it would be better to not say anything, and if she notices, simply casually say that you seem to have dropped a few more pounds working out and that your clothes fit a little more loosely.  Someone else would be a better audience for your excitement. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)