Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What about you?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
When my hubby and I met, 11 years ago, I was really attracted to him physically. I was dating a guy who was 14 years older than me and was very unhappy. I had nowhere else to go so I was just hanging around until I found somewhere else to live. Well, I started hanging out with my now hubby every day, just spending time hanging out. It didn't get physical until 6 months later when we went to a party together. My then boyfriend was gone to this party out in the desert somewhere called Burning Man. He was going to be gone for a week and refused to take me with him. So I went with Mark to the party. Well, we ended up sleeping together. I So called my then boyfriend to break up with him and tell him what happened. I moved in with mark. We moved extremely fast! We weren't even together. We got married a year and a half later. We have two kiddos together, 7.5 and 1.5. We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on March 18th. He drives me crazy sometimes but I do not know what I would do if he were not in my life.

Share your story. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I had no desire to meet anyone-was in a 6 yr dating relationship that was just done with 6 months prior then co-worker wanted me to meet this guy-nope --well for 2 months I talked to him on phone-well then I met him-and ever since was history-we have been together 10 years and married 8 years-

Kitschy
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I was living with my fiance who had relapsed in to drugs when I met my now husband. We met at work, he had been transferred in from California. We worked 14 hours a day together 6 days a week. We became good friends. My fiance came back, left again, finally I told him he had to go for good. He destroyed my apartment, took most of my stuff stole all my work clothes. It was a mess. When I got back on my feet again My now husband confessed to how much he liked me. I didn't take it seriously because I was coming off such a long relationship but he did and when he moved to NC a year later he asked me to go with him. 5 years later we got married. We have 2 children and will be celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary in June.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Oh that's too personal for me to post on here. I trust not a soul with my business.

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I can respect that. :)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Oh that's too personal for me to post on here. I trust not a soul with my business.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Stop it, lady! LOL!!

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Dat bish b33h trippinq!

Quoting Miss-B:

Stop it, lady! LOL!!

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I lived alone and worked. I met my husband on a dating site. We talked online for about six months before we agreed to go on a real date. We were a couple after our first date. We've been together six years, married for three, and have a four year old daughter :)

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I met my hubby back in 2003. I used to always see him in these apartment complex I was living in. I thought he was oh so cute, but I never said anything to him. So, one day he was upstairs from my apartment and I asked my neighbor did she date him. She said no, so I was like he's cute. She went up there and told him what I said. She then came downstairs and said he said for you to come tell him that. I asked her why did she do that. Next thing I see him coming out the door, so I ran in my house and closed my door. HAHA!!! He knocked on my door, and I opened it. He said the girl told me you said I was cute. I said she's lying... We kicked it that night. WE watched movies, and he gave me a back rub, and the next thing you know we were in my bed doing the do..The same year we planned to have his first child. We got married, divorced, and now we are remarrying next year with a real wedding this time. No, I don't sleep with everyone on the first night.. He was the first person I've done that with.. I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ten years strong!♥

highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I first met DH when I was 17 .  I was dating someone else and honestly I thought he was an obnoxious ass.  I even told him that to his face.  We met again when I was 19, he walked up to me and said "the obnoxious ass would like to buy you a drink".  We started dating a short time later, and have been together ever since.  Have been together 20 years, and married 14 years.  We have three children together.

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I wasn't in a relationship when I met my hubby, he was a widower with a 2 year old son and a 3 month old baby girl. We talked for seven months, but that was that. About two years later his mother re-introduced us and we began dating. I never moved in with him until we were married. That is how he wanted it, since he had small children. We've been married now for six years and I love his children as my own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)