Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear junk *edit*

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 29 Replies
What can I use to clean out my sons ears?? They are still so dirty from surgery and all the blood and iodine that got in there

I AM NOT sticking anything in there.. Good grief.. I was wondering about some sort of solution that I could put in there to just dry out the gunk

Also I called his dr and he said I could use some ear drops but they aren't doing anything and I'm afraid there's another ear infection that can't be seen because he keeps pulling at his ear
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
You can do a hydrogne peroxide flush or gently use the rounded end of a bobby pin.
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
He's only 8 months so he's not still enough to use a pin, and its pretty deep in there. How do I do a peroxide flush?

Quoting SweetPea2004:

You can do a hydrogne peroxide flush or gently use the rounded end of a bobby pin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I wouldn't do anything but moisten a cloth and wipe around. You never stick something in there... You could pierce his ear drum.
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I was wondering if there was some kinda liquid that would dry it up to suck it out or something..

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't do anything but moisten a cloth and wipe around. You never stick something in there... You could pierce his ear drum.

AleaKat
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Hydrogen peroxide and a baby Q-tip.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What kind of surgery did he have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Not for the iodine. Nothing but time and washing.

You could always call the surgeon and ask them what to do, we don't know the surgery he had or anything. That would be safest.

Quoting Cbreland07:

I was wondering if there was some kinda liquid that would dry it up to suck it out or something..

Quoting Anonymous:

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
It's too deep in there to reach with a qtip.. I'll try the peroxide though

Quoting AleaKat:

Hydrogen peroxide and a baby Q-tip.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow do NOT stick anything in the ear.   Probably just gentle rinsing with saline solution is what the doc would say! CALL THE OFFICE and ask.  I can't believe they did not send you home without an aftercare sheet of instructions? but DO NOT STICK anything into the ear! only wash it out.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Get one of those ear vacs from that infomercial. You know, the one where the guy screams like a girl when he puts a Qtip in his ear?? We LOL at that every time that commercial comes on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured