Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still Using A Toddler Bed For An Older Child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

I have a friend who just posted a photo on FB of her son's new sheets for his bed. She posted that he has a new big boy bed, and it's the toddler bed that a crib converts into. I have no idea if she was still using the crib, since the actual piece of furniture is not new for her, it's his old crib. The kid is almost as big as the entire bed?

He's almost 5. It kind of made me o.O

When did you put your child in a regular bed?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My daughter is 5 and sleeps in a full-size bed with this absolutely DARLING white "country" headboard and matching country flower quilt.

She looks like a tiny little princess in her huge bed.

jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My son didn't have his own bed until he was 5, he always slept with me, and his first bed was a big, regular sized bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Dd1 is still in a toddler bed. When she lays down, she's in the center of the bed. Her feet or head don't touch either side. She's small for her age. She turned 6 in January.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

My eldest had a regular sized bed at 4. He slept in his kid sister's toddler bed until he was 7/8. He felt more comfortable in a smaller bed.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Mine were all tiny for their age and still in a toddler bed at nearly six. They still fit so why not?
MommyChance
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
My son got a twin size bed the day he started Kindergarten. He was so excited that he was a big boy and going to school, that I made it official with a big boy bed. Ha.
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I bought DS a twin sized bed when he turned 4 and I (finally) moved him out of my bed.
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
DD is only 2 and her crib converts.. she'll be staying the daybed for some time seeing as she is petite.. no sense in buying a new bed when it is absolutely needed.
.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM
This. My older kids are 8 and 7. We just bought them bunkbeds a few months ago.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Mine were all tiny for their age and still in a toddler bed at nearly six. They still fit so why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

We had a toddler bed till like 2, then we bought a twin. With our second, she was in a twin bed at 16 months. I dislike the tiny beds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured