Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still Using A Toddler Bed For An Older Child?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a friend who just posted a photo on FB of her son's new sheets for his bed. She posted that he has a new big boy bed, and it's the toddler bed that a crib converts into. I have no idea if she was still using the crib, since the actual piece of furniture is not new for her, it's his old crib. The kid is almost as big as the entire bed?

He's almost 5. It kind of made me o.O

When did you put your child in a regular bed?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (41-48):
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Sorry didnt see it thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

already answered this...

"at first on the crib mattress on the floor and then the twin mattress & boxspring on the floor"

Quoting mehaffiesub:

So where did they sleep from the age of 1 to the age of 2 if not in a crib after 12 months and not in a twin bed til age 2.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't use toddler beds for my toddlers.  they're entirely pointless.  

My kids were out of cribs at 12 months and in twin size beds by 2.

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My son had a twin bed right away. We didn't even bother with a toddler bed...it's a waste of money IMO. The crib I used for him wasn't the 4 in 1 or whatever the fancy ones are.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My boys are 6 and 3 and in twin size beds. My 3 yr old has a safety rail on his...

Cdaly12491
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Mine will be 3, she still fits nicely in her toddler bed. I'll put her in a bigger bed when she gets too big for her toddler bed.

tiredtoddlermom
by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We have a crib that transitions to a toddler bed and then just a headboard. My son is almost 3 and still sleeps in his crib. He has not tried to climb out and he tends to sleep in a ball.

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Ours son will be five in August and we are currently shopping for a full bed for him. He loves his McQueen car toddler bed, but he is getting too big for it. He probably could have used a big kid bed a while ago, but the toddler one wasn't hurting him lol
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Ds just turned 4 and is still in a toddler bed. I can't afford a bigger bed right now and he still fits.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM
We've had 4 kids in 7 years....basically, the kids go in to the toddler bed when the crib is needed for the next baby & the toddler bed gets passed around the same way. They are usually in a regular twin bed by the time they're 3. All of my kids are gigantic, though, and theres no way they could fit for longer than that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN