Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Suicide is the chicken s••• way out of a bad situation

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yep. That is exactly what I said.

Suicide is the chicken shit way to end a bad situation. Guy I went to school with, beat the shit out of his girlfriend, then ran off to his house and killed himself. Instead of handling things with the law he figured he would end his life.

It pisses me off. Everyone is siding with him, saying he was "such a good guy". Bullshit. If he was such a "good guy", he wouldn't have beat the shit out of his girlfriend. And he sure as hell wouldn't have run off and killed himself. No, if he was a "good guy", he wouldn't have touched her. And even if he had done something wrong, he would have had the balls to stand up and take the consequence to his action.

He was nothing more than a chicken shit. And to think, he was one of the POPULAR kids in high school, he had it all.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I attempted suicide.

I was 12.

My mom was an alcoholic. My step dad was an alcoholic And drug addict. Both were abusive. Mentally, verbally and physically.

We were living in a trailer park.

I was outside walking around and was attacked. Beaten And raped.

My mother did not believe me.
When I told her she yelled at me then hit me. She called me a liar and a whore.

That night I attempted suicide by hanging myself from the ceiling fan in my room.

I woke up on the floor 8 hour later

I felt even worse because I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even kill
Myself.

I turned to cutting.

Which my parents never found out about.

At 14 I stayed dating a guy

He tried to help me stop cutting.

At 16 I was pregnant. I quit cutting and left my parents trailer.

I moved in with him and his dad.

And eventually my drunk mother consented for me to marry him.

I'm 23 now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Only reason I am anon is so his family doesn't know I am the one who posted. They still haven't released his name to the papers yet. And I know there are a bunch of people he knew, and who lived near him, who just don't need to know about it until the family is ready to tell. Otherwise I would have gladly posted under my screen name.

Quoting -42-:

Anonymous is the chicken shit way of voicing your opinion, on an already anonymous forum.

And I foresee a lot of it in this post.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe not chicken shit but definitely selfish

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
The only thig you said that is in any way accurate is "not everyone is the same".

Everything else is completely insensitive and judgemental. You would think as someone who as been there, you would be a little new understanding and compassionate and want to help others who may be in that dark place rather than insult them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry hon, it is true.  I've been down that road and the only reason I didn't do it was because my daughter needed me.  I thought about what would be best for me and I didn't think about how it would affect anyone else.  I thought that was my only way out.  Not everyone is the same and unless you've been thought it then you don't know what you're talking about.

Quoting 504bbymami:

Not even that is true. They usually believe that others would be better off if they didn't exist.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.  When people think suicide is the only way out of a bad situation, they think that's what's best for them.  They are not thinking about the people they leave behind or if what they are going to do will affect anyone.  That's the only way they can see out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Right back at you babe.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Fuck you.

That's all.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I HAVE been through it. I've attempted suicide. You are proving my point. You DIDN'T do it because you knew your child needed you. A truly suicidal person is going to believe that their child is better off without them.

Every situation is different but it's very inaccurate to say that a suicidal person doesn't think about how others will be affected. They don't think about it from a REASONAL point of view, obviously. But they Absolutley think about it. People who kill themselves think they are doing everyone a favor by removing themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry hon, it is true.  I've been down that road and the only reason I didn't do it was because my daughter needed me.  I thought about what would be best for me and I didn't think about how it would affect anyone else.  I thought that was my only way out.  Not everyone is the same and unless you've been thought it then you don't know what you're talking about.

Quoting 504bbymami:

Not even that is true. They usually believe that others would be better off if they didn't exist.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.  When people think suicide is the only way out of a bad situation, they think that's what's best for them.  They are not thinking about the people they leave behind or if what they are going to do will affect anyone.  That's the only way they can see out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaZena
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I totally agree!  It is selfish and cowardly and taking the easy way out for yourself but leaving behind a very hard situation for your loved ones to have to deal with.  

My grandma committed suicide, my husband's grampa committed suicide and my husband has been thinking and talking about it lately :(  I have never ever gotten to such a low point in my life that not being alive seemed like a better option so I really don't know what it is like to even consider it, but I really do not think that any life situation could be worse than no life at all!

My hubby told me that he hasnt taken his life because he wouldn't want to do that to me and his kids and because he is a coward.  I told him "No killing yourself would make you a coward, not being brave enough to face your problems and continue fighting."  It's so hard to help someone through this, especially when I have no clue how it feels to be that low :(

-42-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this
So if they stumble upon this post, they'll never put two and two together?

Blanket statements are never good. If you feel HE took the chickenshit way out, so be it. But not everyone is the same. That's like me saying every woman with a certain color of hair is a c*nt just because I met one who had that color of hair who happened to be one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only reason I am anon is so his family doesn't know I am the one who posted. They still haven't released his name to the papers yet. And I know there are a bunch of people he knew, and who lived near him, who just don't need to know about it until the family is ready to tell. Otherwise I would have gladly posted under my screen name.

Quoting -42-:

Anonymous is the chicken shit way of voicing your opinion, on an already anonymous forum.

And I foresee a lot of it in this post.

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
As for the OP - same thing. Not everyone is the same. The person you are talking about has a different story than anyone else. I think you are being terribly insensitive and mean. This is highly offensive and inflammatory to those of us who have lost a loved one in this way.
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN