Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O If you don't know your cousins...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Many of you posted in the "how many cousins do you have" that you don't know some or many of your cousins. What would you do if you found out that you had married a first or second cousin not realizing that you are related?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

BUMP!

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I have 30+ first cousins and know them all well. I also know several 2nd cousins that are around my age. Nothing odd around here to know all of your family.

Cdaly12491
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I know who my cousins are, I just don't really know them.... like, I know their names and faces but we have never been close and I don't really know anything about them.

gingerszabo21
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

How would you NOT be able to figure out that you had married a first cousin without a family member mentioning it?

AF_Petite
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I know all my first cousins and several of my second cousins. But every time I visit grandma and there is some family gathering, I'm always meeting a new one I didn't know about. Thankfully, I am pretty sure that I'm not related to my fiance :)
kaybear123
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The man I lost my virginity to has the same last name as 3rd cousins (found out three years later) thankfully he was not a relative. Back to your subject though I would most likely divorce him as I don't believe that is right at all.

CafeMom Tickers
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

It's highly unlikely, given that our families are from two different ethnic backgrounds with not much variation in either, but honestly.....I love my husband. I would stay married.

kzuehlk
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I don't think I would be able to continue the marriage.

I know 10 of my cousins, but I only really have a relationship with one of them. We started talking because we both had sons born 1 day apart. His was super early and he only weighed 1lb 4oz. They're both 3 now and love to play together. We are not a very close family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I only knew some of my second cousins, but my mom and aunt know all of them...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I'm adopted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)