Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you share a child, but are no longer together.. do you

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 71 Replies
Still tell eachother happy mothers/father's day?

What about other holidays?
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

BUMP!

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM

not really lol

mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Lol. I was just curious.

My ex and I broke up in November. On Christmas, New Years, & Valentines we wished eachother happy holidays. But ever since he got this new girlfriend, we dont talk much. I dont think I will wish him happy anything, anymore,  unless he does first. Lol.

Quoting goodmama85:

not really lol

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

my friend buys her husband's ex wife a mother day's card and a plant every year for mother's day and has her husband give it to his ex wife.  She is the mother of one of his kids, my friend feels like since their kids are half siblings that she should get something from him as an acknowlegement that she is a mom....otherwise she might not get anything.

Lillysmommy0113
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I dont but my dd is only 4 months so i seen him a pic of her dressed up and put happy whatever day from my dds name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lipsis
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

He used to. He'd even cry sometimes, and give me a card and a present. We have a Guardian ad litem for our daughter. She has interviewed him, and talked to him about how he gives me gifts for holidays, and he cries when he talks about it. But her report said that he doesn't provide any insight into why he cries.

mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

That's a cute idea!

Quoting Lillysmommy0113:

I dont but my dd is only 4 months so i seen him a pic of her dressed up and put happy whatever day from my dds name

mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM

That's odd. Maybe some resentment for you two no longer being together?

Quoting lipsis:

He used to. He'd even cry sometimes, and give me a card and a present. We have a Guardian ad litem for our daughter. She has interviewed him, and talked to him about how he gives me gifts for holidays, and he cries when he talks about it. But her report said that he doesn't provide any insight into why he cries.

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
It really depends on your relationship after the split.
I don't go out of my way to do it (call them up or give them a card) but if I see them on those particular days, I politely say Happy Father's Day, Happy Birthday, etc...but that's ONLY because we have a decent, non-threatening relationship. There are no concerns or jealous spouses.

When DH's XW still sent him Happy Birthday emails or calls, it was creepy, but that's because he didn't want the contact & she hadn't let go & was very untrustworthy.
munky.wench
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
My daughter is almost 7 and me and her father were split before she was born. We but a card for her to give the other on special occations and christmas we let her spend 10-20 dollars. Our relationship isn't what matters, it is hers with her father/mother
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)