Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Newly Divorced and trying to date.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I have met lots of nice guys but I'm not attracted to any of them. I'm never going to be happy again. My ex cheated and left me.

Now he's doing his best to make me hell. Since he left. I wish he would stop. I met a really nice guy in the Navy after 2 weeks he's planning our life as a couple. Ugh.. I'm going to be alone forever.

Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Keep trying! And know there is someone out there for you and when the time is right you will meet him :)

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Take time to be alone for a while and focus on your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM

seek counseling.

kbix82
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

actually stop trying. those sorts of things always come when your not looking and least expect it. and just fall into place lol

acook0331
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Get your rebound out of the way and then look for a decent guy.

GOBryan
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Spend some "me" time alone for a while. Let life happen. It'll happen when the time is right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Took me a year to be able to be with someone "new".  Why not give yourself some breathing room? Hang out with some girl friends, take come classes, work out at the gym, etc.  Keep yourself busy and STOP looking. The RIGHT guy will FIND you.  

SirAlexandra4Me
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I agree. Seek counseling. Sometimes finding yourself first is necessary. You need healthy coping mechanisms. I divorced 5 years ago with two kids. Loneliness is a natural feeling just don't let it or your ex control you. I learned the hard way. Trust me, counseling gave me a whole new outlook on life. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

seek counseling.

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Take time to be alone and focus on getting your stuff together and focus on your kids too.That should be your priority not finding a new man. Imo, your priorites are all messed up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Take time to be alone and focus on getting your stuff together and focus on your kids too.That should be your priority not finding a new man. Imo, your priorites are all messed up.

Thank u for the response, my daughter always comes first. When her dad wanted to be free. I did what a parent does. I made sure her life was normal as it could be. While he was out partying and sleeping with women. In my state you have to be separated for a year ( if u have children) to get a divorce. So I have been on my own handling my business for 15 months.

I have just started thinking about dating. I go out a few times a month with friends and have been asked out . Socialized in a group settings. Gave one guy my number. Went to dinner a few times, and he wants to marry me.

So thank you, but you are wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)