Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Egg free, nut free, peanut free, wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, flour free, chocolate free, corn free, dairy free.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 168 Replies
23 moms liked this

TASTE FREE.

Your special kid can bring his own special food to my kid's party. I'm making real food. Don't like it? BYO or just don't RSVP and try to tell me what I can and can't serve and how my house has to be cleaned before your kid comes in, lest he get a whiff of last week's PB&J and keel over.

God I am sick of this special snowflake crap.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I hate the term "special snowflake".
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this
WOW! BITCH MUCH?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My kid has no allergies, but he just doesn't eat a lot. So, I tend to bring a few items I know he will eat and sneak them to him away from other people. Works for us, kid doesn't starve but no one gets offended that he is having something different.

(He's 2-1/2 and has some sensory processing issues).
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
6 moms liked this

I, luckily, have two kids who can eat anything under the sun, so I can't judge. It must be hard for these parents.
I understand what you're saying though.
If my kids had special needs with foods, I'd just bring my own to be safe.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
7 moms liked this
Well, aren't you considerate?
I am allergic to gluten and my son is allergic to dairy. You know what I hate? When people get huffy because I ask them what is in their food. Not to tell them they cannot serve it but to see if we can eat it or not. I have frequently been pressured to "have some anyway" "it's so good you HAVE to try it"
For whatever reason, there are more cases of food allergies now than there were 20 years ago. People need to stop feeling insulted when an allergic person declines their food or asks about ingredients. I have quit eating my MIL's baking because she lies to me.
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
the fuck is your problem
FOOO?????????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I have to cook egg, peanut/tree nut dairy, corn and soy free. Recently wr have been able to use wheat again. I would never expect any one to try and cater to my child or trust someone else to not make a mistake with his food. I hate that there are things we can't do because of allergies, the peanut allergy especially since its airborne. I have noticed that non allergy moms bitch more about allergies than mom who actually have to deal with the allergy.
lydias_mommy12
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
4 moms liked this
My dd is one and she has an intolerance to gluten and dairy. Luckily we haven't run into this problem yet because I take foods that she can eat where we go. Part of our family understands and fixes stuff she can eat when they know we are going to visit but my dad is an ass about it. I will make sure I continue to take things she can eat wherever we go but its gonna be a bitch when she gets older and her friends have pizza parties and she can't go :( this makes me sad that people like you are out there and we will probably encounter some like you before too long. Thanks for the announcement!

Eta: I would never expect someone to cater an entire party to one child's needs nor would I demand it. That's bs. Which is why my dd always has her own food everywhere we go.
LiliM
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this
I am happy to let others know what's in whatever we're making and often offer something the kid with allergies can eat. They're friends. Why wouldn't you do that for friends?

And if people bring their own that's fine too.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)