Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Egg free, nut free, peanut free, wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, flour free, chocolate free, corn free, dairy free.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

TASTE FREE.

Your special kid can bring his own special food to my kid's party. I'm making real food. Don't like it? BYO or just don't RSVP and try to tell me what I can and can't serve and how my house has to be cleaned before your kid comes in, lest he get a whiff of last week's PB&J and keel over.

God I am sick of this special snowflake crap.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Replies (161-168):
Gypsy.Soul
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM
My point was why should the kid the party is for have to accommodate? What if the kid wanted to have pizza and their favorite cake and ice cream, which would interfere with a lot of the allergies listed?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

I never said they should or shouldn't. BBQ, as in, cooked meat. Most kids like cooked meat. But that wasn't the point. 

Quoting Gypsy.Soul:

Who says her kid LIKES BBQ? I assumed this post is about a birthday party and if it is, why should the special birthday boy/girl do without or accommodate on THEIR special day?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

My child has 14 food allergies. We typically do bring our own foods, since it's very difficult to accomodate for him. But seriously? Cleaning when peanuts are involved is VERY important. 

Also, there are plenty of things you COULD make that are allergy free and delicious (like BBQ!). Go ahead, admit that you just don't want to. 

IFartGlitter
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Lots of pizza places offer gluten free crust now. The kid's parents could send along extra money to order the child a small, gluten free cheeseless pizza. 

If the children are friends, it doesn't make much sense for the allergic child to have to suffer if accomodations can be made without much extra effort. The problem is, most parents aren't willing to make ANY effort-- no matter how trivial. 

Quoting Gypsy.Soul:

My point was why should the kid the party is for have to accommodate? What if the kid wanted to have pizza and their favorite cake and ice cream, which would interfere with a lot of the allergies listed?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

I never said they should or shouldn't. BBQ, as in, cooked meat. Most kids like cooked meat. But that wasn't the point. 

Quoting Gypsy.Soul:

Who says her kid LIKES BBQ? I assumed this post is about a birthday party and if it is, why should the special birthday boy/girl do without or accommodate on THEIR special day?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

My child has 14 food allergies. We typically do bring our own foods, since it's very difficult to accomodate for him. But seriously? Cleaning when peanuts are involved is VERY important. 

Also, there are plenty of things you COULD make that are allergy free and delicious (like BBQ!). Go ahead, admit that you just don't want to. 

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Then uninvite them! Honestly, no one wants to deal with a mom like you either!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting SnapIt:

Lol
I read that in the breakfast club voice

Dis re specful...

Quoting Anonymous:

"You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful."

Yep. Good ol' Bender.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
This. Especially at bday parties. I take dairy free options for her. People feel bad, but I am fine with it. Although this weekend we ate out. (We haven't in 3 weeks) The waitress thought butter wasn't dairy. *facepalm* She really did try and eventually got it right.

Quoting lydias_mommy12:

My dd is one and she has an intolerance to gluten and dairy. Luckily we haven't run into this problem yet because I take foods that she can eat where we go. Part of our family understands and fixes stuff she can eat when they know we are going to visit but my dad is an ass about it. I will make sure I continue to take things she can eat wherever we go but its gonna be a bitch when she gets older and her friends have pizza parties and she can't go :( this makes me sad that people like you are out there and we will probably encounter some like you before too long. Thanks for the announcement!

Eta: I would never expect someone to cater an entire party to one child's needs nor would I demand it. That's bs. Which is why my dd always has her own food everywhere we go.

BluePandaDreams
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I don't have a problem with telling people what I am making for a party. However, I won't cook something special, nor am I okay with BYO. If you can't eat what is there, stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

corn free??

what's wrong with the delicious-ness that is corn?? preferrably on the cob....rubbed in butter....oh summer, how I love you. 

teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

because they are shit stirrers, her son doesn't even live at home, why would she be ranting about a kids party?

Quoting teal_phoenix:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hi foo!!

Why are others guessing this is foo? I think I am missing something...

They must be. You are right and it would not make sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured