Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 point harness

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 61 Replies

My 4 yo is still in a 5 point harness I don't see me switching her for another year or two based on her weight and height. She fits perfectly in her seat now with space to still grow. When did you ladies switch to a high back booster. My daughter is 36 inches and 35lbs

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM
My three year old is rfing, so we won't be in a high back for a long time. From talking with parents and observing in the parking lot, most of my kindergarten students seem to be in a high back ( or nothing -*dies a little inside*).
LucyHarper
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Most five point go until the kids are 50-60 pounds, they need to be in one until they are 40 pounds, preferably more. My five year old son is still in his high back and wont be moving for quite some time.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

We switched my son when he was uncomfortable in his harness. He was 7 years old. My daughter switched right before she was 7.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
My Ds is very tall and heavy for his age he's 4 but almost as big as my nephew who is almost 6. His shoulders were almost to the top of the seat.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I'm bot switching my kids until try outgrow their harnesses. Harnesses are safer than seat belts, and my oldest is about to turn 4 but I doubt he has the maturity to use the seat belt right.
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Mine moved from 5-point to high-back at around 5. She's 7 now and still in her high back booster. =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My just turned 4 year old, 44lb 44 inch ds is still in a high back booster. He will be until the seat expired dec 2014, and we will evaluate our choices and make a decision about hbb o another 5 point harness
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Wow shes little. I wish ds was  small....Hes going to be 2 in may and hes 33inches and 30lbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My son was rear facing until a year (before the new laws) he stayed in his big booster thing until he was like 4 1/2 and too big for his seat and now he's in a booster. It doesn't have a back on it or anything. He fits the height and weight requirements for it.
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

depends on the state laws... in my state they have to be 4 AND 40 lbs. so thats what i go by :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN