Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone here had a natural birth in a hospital?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 118 Replies
How did it go for you? What advice would you give to those wanting to have a natural birth in a hospital
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM

bump

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM
9 moms liked this

Everyone has a different definition of what they consider natural, but I had 3 births with no pain meds, vaginal, and in a hospital.

My advice is to labor in the comfort of your own home for as long as possible before going in.

HelloSweetie
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

*bumping so I can follow later :P

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Show up as late as possible, I don't know.. That's how mine worked for me :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Know, trust and like the person delivering your baby. Go over your birth plan with them and make sure you both know what to do when it's show time:-)
HelloSweetie
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Did you have an IV? Were you allowed out of the bed?

(looking to do natural this time myself)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Everyone has a different definition of what they consider natural, but I had 3 births with no pain meds, vaginal, and in a hospital.

My advice is to labor in the comfort of your own home for as long as possible before going in.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Go to some natural birth groups!

There is some great advice available.

It depends how natural you want it.

A lot of moms think vaginal equals natural, or no epidural equals natural, but there is a whole long list of interventions that can hinder a birth and influence it from being "natural."

It just depends on what exactly you are envisioning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.. I had 100 natural birth in hospital. No drugs no intervenrions. My dr respected my request. She was there in case a emergency a rised. Dd came fast to.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Sort of.  One I was induced with pitocin, but had no pain meds of any kind, so I consider it natural, though many wouldn't technically due to the pitocin.  No big advice except to stick to your guns as I guess some places can get pushy about interventions. I did not have this experience, though.  The  pitocin made my contractions insane, but at no point did any dr or nurse even ask me if I wanted pain medication.   It was on my birth plan that I did not and I was never hounded about it.  The second one was totally natural, but in a birthing center that is part of our hospital, so I guess not totally a "hospital birth."  They were wonderful.  I know they're not an option everywhere, but if you have on near you, I think they are a phenomenal choice that is a great happy medium between having the natural experience you want and yet being literally inside a hospital should something go wrong.

-KJ
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Same for me. 3 natural births in hospital with no pain drugs. I did have an IV every time. I could get up and walk and move around.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Did you have an IV? Were you allowed out of the bed?

(looking to do natural this time myself)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)