Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abduction!!! Muskegon,Michigan....Update....

Posted by   + Show Post

I know there are many Mom's here in Michigan and many others nearby...I also am aware that just because she was taken in Michigan doesn't mean she is still there.she could be anywhere.

Stephen Kloosterman | sklooste@mlive.com By Stephen Kloosterman | sklooste@mlive.com The Muskegon Chronicle

on April 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM, updated April 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Jessica Heeringa Missing Person.jpgThe Norton Shores Police Department is asking for help to find Jessica Heeringa, age 25. Heeringa is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying "Sternberg Exxon." Contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911 if you have information about her disappearance or location. Courtesy photo

NORTON SHORES - Gas station employee Jessica Heeringa went missing during a shift late Friday night, April 26, and the Norton Shores Police Department is asking for help in finding her.

At the Exxon Mobil gas station, 1196 E. Sternberg Road, customers called 911 about 11:15 p.m. after entering the store and finding no employees present, police say.

Jessica Heeringa, 25, was supposed to be working but not able to be located. Police made contact with her friends and family, but as of 2 p.m. April 27, Heeringa had not been located.

She is a white female, 5 feet 1 inch tall, about 110 pounds, with blond, shoulder-length hair and blue eyes. Heeringa is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt with "Sternberg Exxon" on it.

Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911.

Update: Jessica Heeringa Case Now Considered An Abduction
by

Jessica HeeringaNORTON SHORES, Mich- Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said today in a press conference that the case of the missing woman, Jessica Heeringa is now an abduction case, based on evidence they have gathered at the scene. According to Norton Shores Police, it appears that Jessica was preparing to close the store when the incident happened. Her purse and other belongings where found undisturbed. Also the store's cash drawer was found and with no money missing.

Police are looking for a Silver Chrysler Mini Van, Towne and Country, driven by a white male around 30 years old and about 6 ft. tall.

Heeringa - Van

Jessica is described as a white female, 25 years old, 5'1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. Jessica is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying "Sternberg Exxon".
Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911.

Update...Here is a link to this morning's local tv news report.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

I tried to post the video but,since it's from the news station I'm not sure how.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
candyrow
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Cameras around the building.

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting Anonymous:

Was there CCTV.

What is CCTV?

jordynlee18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I'm in PA, but heres a bump!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:39 AM

babyfever2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Bump
Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Right! That seems shady to me that he was rude. To me rudeness in these situations make you look guilty. I wonder if he was involved in some way. Just too shady...My dh has to get up for work then...and I'm obviously suffering from insomnia anyways so I'll try to watch that!

Quoting Anonymous:

NM- Not a news confrence- read it wrong. A local station starting on their "Daybreak" show at 4:30 will have live interviews.

For more info, you can check these facebook pages:

Wood TV8
WZZM 13
Muskegon Chronicle

From what I am reading now, the owner was confronted on the news last night, and was really rude, and refused to install a camera system.

If I were her family, I would be suing him for not providing a safe work environment.

Muskegon isn't Detroit, but there is a lot of gang activity, and unsafe areas.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have presumed it was law. I don't know how a gas station can get away with NOT having one.

All I have heard to this point, is that he admitted to the girl's parents that he does not have any cameras.

There is supposed to be a news conference at 4:30am. Not sure why that time- they announced it at like midnight. Seems a weird time to set it, unless that found something, but the news report also said it had been upgraded for missing person to abduction at the same time, so I doubt they found her yet. :(

Quoting Journeysmama11:

I think that security cams in gas stations should be law. (i'm assuming it's not?) What did the owner have to say about it? Does he feel bad about not having cams?

Quoting Anonymous:

The owner has admitted he has no security camera's, which is not going to help the investigation- it's now reliant completely on eye witnesses, which are not very plentiful that late at night.
Quoting Journeysmama11:

Omg I live in Michigan. I hope they find her! That's scary! Definitely shouldn't have females locking up a gas station alone. 

Did they not have cameras or did they not see anything on them?

I really hope she is ok and they find her, that is so scary!

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I'm about twenty minutes away from there, her flier is all over our local gas stations. 

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:18 AM

ABC News over night has mention Jessica, several times now which is a good thing,as the more people who hear about this the more chance hopefully of finding her safe.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Bump
tigerlily86
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN