Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! daughter is 9 and has.... and I am not ready for this! (see hilarious pics on page 6!)

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 89 Replies

pubic hair! she is starting to get pubic hair! we still bathe together on occasion, like a spa day. I wash her hair and back. I saw it and simply said "oh your getting hair down there. when you start getting under arm hair you have to shave it because people make fun of you if they see you with under arm hair."

she will be 10 in july. I dont recall when i got pubic hair, but I know I started period in 6th grade. just trying to figure out how soon her period will come since she is getting pubic hair now?

and yes i know its time to stop bathing together! Its not a gross thing, its like girl time. bash away, we will stop when she isnt comfortable with it anymore. 

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
hmmmmmm
I got nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Idk
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM

well at least its not just me, lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

At least she feels comfortable enough to be open with you about these things.  Most kids aren't, just keep the lines of communication open because the really difficult years are about to begin. :) Good luck.  They are starting sooner.  My cousin just told me that her daughter who is 10 has a full on "bush" (sorry no tactful way to describe what she called it) down there.  I can't believe girls are going through puberty so young now.  I didn't hit puberty till 13. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
What's public hair?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Pubic,not public...BIG difference
melodyhour
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
4 moms liked this
She is lucky to have a mom like you who she can talk about these things with. I would have been mortified talking to my mom about these things.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i was told that if  pubic hair comes first period is not too far away. im not sure if thats true.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Both of mine had it at 9 also
They say many kids are hitting puberty early now
LAXmom21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I got my period at 10! Yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured