Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What to do, what to do?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughters father currently lives 4 hours from us. His wife has recently had a baby so since January (Christmas time) dd hasn't visited because the wife didn't want to drive while pregnant. We planned for her to spend 2 weeks with them this summer. Here's the problem:

Her father called yesterday and told me that he will be moving a whopping 8 hours away so that his wife can be with her family. I am 7 months pregnant and will be ready to pop when he expects visitation. He expects me to ride a now 4 hours to meet halfway, when his wife couldn't travel during her pregnancy. I don't know what to do. I definitely don't want to have to deal with this with a baby on the way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Tell him no.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

If the wife didn't travel, why do you have to? If they adjusted it during her pregnancy, they can adjust it during yours. 

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Of course I will, I just hate it he expects me to do something he wouldn't want his wife to do.

Quoting stephiebugg:

Tell him no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM

childish petty crap

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Her trip would have only been 4 hours, mine will be 8 hours. I don't want to spend all day in a car when I shouldn't have to.

Quoting jojo_star:

If the wife didn't travel, why do you have to? If they adjusted it during her pregnancy, they can adjust it during yours. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aJiG827
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Nope. He can get it all changed in the court order/custody agreement if he wants, but he's choosing to move that far away, so you don't HAVE to meet halfway. Plus, you really shouldn't be in the car that long when you're that far along. You'll have to make a couple stops to get out and stretch, so that'll make your trip even longer. 

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Would it be easier for me to get it changed myself?

Quoting aJiG827:

Nope. He can get it all changed in the court order/custody agreement if he wants, but he's choosing to move that far away, so you don't HAVE to meet halfway. Plus, you really shouldn't be in the car that long when you're that far along. You'll have to make a couple stops to get out and stretch, so that'll make your trip even longer. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Tell him no

aJiG827
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I think that no matter what, if you go to the courts to have it changed, they'll say you have to meet halfway. Not sure, exactly. In my DH's case, the only thing that made it so he didn't have to drive halfway to meet his ex with his boys was that SHE moved out of state. The judge told her she had to drive back to their homestate to take the boys to him. But if she had stayed in our homestate but just moved further away, they would have changed the halfway point. Hope that makes sense. lol

Quoting macysmom:

Would it be easier for me to get it changed myself?

Quoting aJiG827:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)