Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

RESPONSE TO: "I cant understand why people plan to have a baby only to return to work" !

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok...I didn't want my response to get lost so I'm posting it. Take it from me, I know all about daycare. I would, I've been a licensed provider for 9 years.

For one personally I couldn't put my infant in daycare. But I'm not about to judge others. Its silly. Not every family works the same way....and guess what? That's OK! We all don't have to be the same because we are not the same!

Now lets get some things straight about daycare! I am not a "stranger" we are like family in my home. The parents in my daycare are wonderful. And its up to them to raise their children. I do NOT mother their children.

The PARENTS are the ones who bathe the children, feed them dinner, tuck them in at night, dress them in the morning, take them to swim lessons, music and so forth, spend time with then on the weekends, take them to the dentist and doctors, take care of them when they are sick, plan their birthday parties, take family vacations, take extra days off work for family, spend time with extended family, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and other holidays, haircuts,clothes shopping, potty training, nursing, all the major decision making and so forth....I hope you.get the point.

I and my DH are very important in the lives of our daycare families. But we will NEVER compare to mommy and daddy! We do NOT parent these children nor do we replace them.

Here is something else for ya all to chew on! Good thing we have working parents! Its kind of important to the economy! We shouldn't be putting.them down. I for one am grateful! I need them to make a living!

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this
I hate when people say that if you work you are not raising your kids.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Amen!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
They are usually the ones who have never had experience with daycare. Its all assumptions

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate when people say that if you work you are not raising your kids.

socalgirl06
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I am convinced those posts are started by women who are selfishly sah and their families are suffering financially because of it. They need to try to justify their selfishness.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Well said OP. It's VERY TRUE.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
This exactly. They are unhappy about their actions so need a reason to justify it, so they put working mothers down. Sad state of affairs really.

Quoting socalgirl06:

I am convinced those posts are started by women who are selfishly sah and their families are suffering financially because of it. They need to try to justify their selfishness.

areyouatroll
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I just don't understand why people have kids if they HAVE to return to work. What do you do if your kid has a disability that needs 24/7 care?
areyouatroll
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I am all for mothers working, some people do not need to be sah.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I get what you are saying, but I worked in a daycare center and I will never put my kids in one. It's not the same as a good home daycare.
socalgirl06
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Then they make changes. Why does having a kid automatically mean you have to stay home?

Quoting areyouatroll:

I just don't understand why people have kids if they HAVE to return to work. What do you do if your kid has a disability that needs 24/7 care?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN