Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did she really just tell us that?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

She is still insisting he pays for 2/3 of the water heater.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

He pays her 3000 a month in child support.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
So, if the dads water heater broke he should ask the mom to come up with the cost?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope im one of those people that belive we as parents need to make it all about the children we bring into this world no matter what. Not matter what happens between the man an woman.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

And how do you know it was his fault for the divorce? Maybe the mom was a cheating whore?

And with $3000 a month in child supper the mom can save a little back to come up with unexpected repairs for the house so that she can give her kids the very best..you know how the rest of us parents do every day.

Oh, but you are probably one of those moms who its always the man's fault.

Quoting Anonymous:

So.....his kids deserve the best an his best is going beyond his duty. As far beyond as he has to. Even if he had to go without. Kids deserve a 2 parent home an he couldnt give them that. So that is the least he can do

Quoting myperfect4inok:

He is living up to his commitment is raising the kids.

He pays his child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

He mad his bed an kids with that woman, now he has to suck it up an live with this 18yr comitment.

Quoting Roxygurl:

So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM
That true. The kids can go to dads home. But will the dad do that? Who knows.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

The kids can go to Dad's house and there problem solved. That is all he has to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

It affects his kids. Yes he does

Quoting Mommyof5247:

His only commitment is to the kids. His commitment to her was severed. He's not responsible for her property.

Quoting Anonymous:

He mad his bed an kids with that woman, now he has to suck it up an live with this 18yr comitment.

Quoting Roxygurl:

gma12.1
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Should she pee in a cup? Did he ask her what she was smoking? She is totally out of reality with a demand like that. 

star33
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting Roxygurl:

That's exactly what he told her, we live 5 minutes away so he said he would even let her come shower here too (I'm biting my tongue over that)

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm no. But if the kids need hot water they can come over and shower lol

that was more than generous.i'd be grateful.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Dad has already offered for the kids and the mother to come to his house for showers and such..I'm pretty sure that's meeting his obligation to his kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

That true. The kids can go to dads home. But will the dad do that? Who knows.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

The kids can go to Dad's house and there problem solved. That is all he has to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

It affects his kids. Yes he does

Quoting Mommyof5247:

His only commitment is to the kids. His commitment to her was severed. He's not responsible for her property.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I told my Husband he wasn't his ex wife's errand boy. She needs repairs done? Hire it out like any regular person. The only obligation he has is to his child. Their heater went out about 3 years ago. He took over a heater for his daughter. That was it. Any repairs are her life, her problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Yes. If they have the kids equal amount of days. Yes the mom should help pay also if it was the other way around.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

So, if the dads water heater broke he should ask the mom to come up with the cost?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope im one of those people that belive we as parents need to make it all about the children we bring into this world no matter what. Not matter what happens between the man an woman.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

And how do you know it was his fault for the divorce? Maybe the mom was a cheating whore?

And with $3000 a month in child supper the mom can save a little back to come up with unexpected repairs for the house so that she can give her kids the very best..you know how the rest of us parents do every day.

Quoting Anonymous:

So.....his kids deserve the best an his best is going beyond his duty. As far beyond as he has to. Even if he had to go without. Kids deserve a 2 parent home an he couldnt give them that. So that is the least he can do

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
You sound like a moocher

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
The kids can shower at school if you wanna be real particular. And mom can do it at her local gym! (Lol I'm being really mean now).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Geez -_- some people
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN