Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did she really just tell us that?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

She is still insisting he pays for 2/3 of the water heater.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

He pays her 3000 a month in child support.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Nope his obligation is to keep his kids home stead as consistant as they are use to haveing it.

Quoting Tatiana7:

The kids can shower at school if you wanna be real particular. And mom can do it at her local gym! (Lol I'm being really mean now).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Oops sorry i qouted the wrong person

Quoting Tatiana7:

The kids can shower at school if you wanna be real particular. And mom can do it at her local gym! (Lol I'm being really mean now).

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM
That's ok! Lolz

Quoting Anonymous:

Oops sorry i qouted the wrong person

Quoting Tatiana7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Well i would glady give what was needed of me for my kids, without worring about pettyness of how much im already giveing. Or what my responcuablity is or what is hers but thats just me. You have a good life.

Quoting Roxygurl:

So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM
We have our own bills to pay. We aren't responsible for hers. If she can't afford to take care of the kids they are more than welcome to move in with us.

He does go above and beyond what he should, in this instance he's offered to put it in for her saving her money and spending his free time doing something for her. That ends his obligation in regards to the water heater.

The option to sell is always on the table for her if she feels she can't not afford the upkeep on a house

Quoting Anonymous:

Well i would glady give what was needed of me for my kids, without worring about pettyness of how much im already giveing. Or what my responcuablity is or what is hers but thats just me. You have a good life.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Do you have kids with this man ma'am? An your right IF its in the best interrest of the KIDS she should sell her home but NOT to make it easier for the father or for you. Darlin haveing kids is a life time commitment. When they grow up, will you then be saying that he owes his kids nothing more because they are adults? You got together with a man that has kids, if you stay with him, you are now as equally responciable to put those kids first no matter how you or he feel about the mother of those kids.

Quoting Roxygurl:

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

He offered, he didn't have to

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM
The kids are put first. They are welcome to shower here if they need to or live here.

It has nothing to do with us and everything to do with her. He is already providing 100% for the children because she doesn't have a job right now.

Our obligation ends at the 3000 bucks he pays her every single month.

Again if she's having trouble then she can sell the house or let the kids live with us, we aren't responsible for repairs on her home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have kids with this man ma'am? An your right IF its in the best interrest of the KIDS she should sell her home but NOT to make it easier for the father or for you. Darlin haveing kids is a life time commitment. When they grow up, will you then be saying that he owes his kids nothing more because they are adults? You got together with a man that has kids, if you stay with him, you are now as equally responciable to put those kids first no matter how you or he feel about the mother of those kids.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Smh. If he has to give up his LIFE to make sure his kids keep an stay in their stable environment that they are use to then that is what a father or mother should do. I would die the most painful evil death, if it ment my children would have everything they need to make THEIR life easier, happier, an stable. But again thats just me. Its easy to talk the talk but when asked to walk that walk its not so easy an we as parents DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT OURSELVES OR ANYBODY ELSE BEFORE THE CHILDREN WE BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD. IS IT FAIR? NO IT ISNT SOMETIMES BUT THATS LIFE WHEN WE BRING CHILDREN INTO THIS WORLD. Let hope that someday you arent in the same shoes as his ex. Again have a good life.

Quoting Roxygurl:

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM
The nerve of some exes. Seriously? What is this woman thinking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN