Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did she really just tell us that?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

She is still insisting he pays for 2/3 of the water heater.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

He pays her 3000 a month in child support.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Is that why you didn't even bother learning how to spell, or punctuate properly?!?!!?

Quoting Anonymous:

A mans responciablity is always heavier than a womans no matter what we women want to think/belive,. Expectations in any arena are high for a man. No matter what we women want to belive. Thats what i meant with that comment.... =) my tablets (that my wonderful husband bought for me) battery is dieing an my phone letters are to dang small lol but was nice haveing a conversation with you
we all have our own opinions.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Not sure what you mean by your comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not easy being a man, thats why im glad im a woman.=)

Quoting Roxygurl:

darkdove
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM

It sounds like he is going way beyond the call of duty. 

Quoting Roxygurl:

Actually no he didn't.

He married a woman who had 3 children and adopted them.

He supports them fully and is their father but things like a water heater for her house that's in her name is her responsibility. Not his.

Quoting Anonymous:

He mad his bed an kids with that woman, now he has to suck it up an live with this 18yr comitment.

Quoting Roxygurl:

So my SO calls me laughing and tells me his ex wife called him and told him that the water heater is broken and needs to be replaced and she expects him to pay for 2/3 of it because they have 2 kids.

He told her no way would he pay for it but since he knows how to replace it he would do that for her saving we some money by not having to pay a repair man.

He gave her the house when they divorced. He didn't try to fight her over it because he wanted his kids to grow up in the house.

She can pay for her own darn water heater and I'm in total shock she had the nerve to tell him he has to pay.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Shes nuts.

ANd what the hell does he do that he can pay that much in support?

:D (SO NEEDS a new job!)

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM

She is crazy. Its her home her responsibility. I think it was really nice of him to offer to install it for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Dramatic much?  Having children is not an end all to your own life - you make parenting out to be this huge sacrifice and it really is not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Smh. If he has to give up his LIFE to make sure his kids keep an stay in their stable environment that they are use to then that is what a father or mother should do. I would die the most painful evil death, if it ment my children would have everything they need to make THEIR life easier, happier, an stable. But again thats just me. Its easy to talk the talk but when asked to walk that walk its not so easy an we as parents DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT OURSELVES OR ANYBODY ELSE BEFORE THE CHILDREN WE BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD. IS IT FAIR? NO IT ISNT SOMETIMES BUT THATS LIFE WHEN WE BRING CHILDREN INTO THIS WORLD. Let hope that someday you arent in the same shoes as his ex. Again have a good life.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't buy that. We, as women, fought for equal rights and that's exactly what it should be. When kids are involved BOTH parents are responsible for the children, not just one.

I will point out there are several options for her to chose from

1. Pay for it herself and let my SO install it

2. The kids and her can take showers here.

3. The kids can move in with us.

4. She can sell the house if she can't afford repairs.

The lady has options she just don't like the options given to her so she counter offered and my SO said no.

So now the responsibility rests solely on her.

Quoting Anonymous:

A mans responciablity is always heavier than a womans no matter what we women want to think/belive,. Expectations in any arena are high for a man. No matter what we women want to belive. Thats what i meant with that comment.... =) my tablets (that my wonderful husband bought for me) battery is dieing an my phone letters are to dang small lol but was nice haveing a conversation with you

we all have our own opinions.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Not sure what you mean by your comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not easy being a man, thats why im glad im a woman.=)

Quoting Roxygurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Oil industry. There are drawbacks though, like overseas business trips that's last 2 weeks and working offshore for 2-6 weeks at a time.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Shes nuts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM

:/

His brother just started working on a rig, but I think he only makes like 60k a year.

He was a Marine and is considering going Army if I dont find him something that inflates his wallet (to his liking) soon. I'd prefer the oil I think!

Quoting Roxygurl:

Oil industry. There are drawbacks though, like overseas business trips that's last 2 weeks and working offshore for 2-6 weeks at a time.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Shes nuts.

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM
In an ideal, altruistic world maybe.
And if that's the way you & your ex make it work, that is great.
How do your new spouses feel about the situation? Would they rather have the kids spend time with them until the problem is solved?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope im one of those people that belive we as parents need to make it all about the children we bring into this world no matter what. Not matter what happens between the man an woman.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

And how do you know it was his fault for the divorce? Maybe the mom was a cheating whore?

And with $3000 a month in child supper the mom can save a little back to come up with unexpected repairs for the house so that she can give her kids the very best..you know how the rest of us parents do every day.

Oh, but you are probably one of those moms who its always the man's fault.

Quoting Anonymous:

So.....his kids deserve the best an his best is going beyond his duty. As far beyond as he has to. Even if he had to go without. Kids deserve a 2 parent home an he couldnt give them that. So that is the least he can do

Quoting myperfect4inok:

He is living up to his commitment is raising the kids.

He pays his child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

He mad his bed an kids with that woman, now he has to suck it up an live with this 18yr comitment.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My so has been in the industry for 13 years and worked his way up, he wasn't making this much when he first started.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

:/

His brother just started working on a rig, but I think he only makes like 60k a year.

He was a Marine and is considering going Army if I dont find him something that inflates his wallet (to his liking) soon. I'd prefer the oil I think!

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Shes nuts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN