Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So what if he's gay!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Anyone else have a DS who enjoys watching princess movies, doing girly stuff?

My DS LOVES Princess Sophia, Princess stuff, he loves to play "mommy" with his "babies" (stuffed animals), etc.....there are others I can't think of atm.

I keep getting told that I'm going to turn my son gay by allowing it....

Well, soooo what?!?!? He is going to be who he's going to be one way or another.

Eta: I keep getting lectured about how gay isn't a preference, how it's a sexual orientation.....or just plain lectured and I don't know why. This post is saying OTHERS are telling me this. I DO NOT CARE if my son likes boys, girls are both. I do not care if he wants to walk around in a princess dress and heels in public. I'm allowing him to be himself and don't care what others try and tell me.

I am his mother, it is my job to support his decisions and love him unconditionally. My job is to guide him through life, not to judge him for what he may or may not be. I'm allowing him to explore as much as he wants.

I was just asking a simple question.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (161-170):
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

wow how disgusting

and i don't mean your stepson

Quoting Anonymous:

My ss is 17 and watches My Little Pony. Has never dated. And is a wuss. Pretty sure he's gay. If he comes out of the closet he will be moving out of my house.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I hope her kids somehow escape from this cycle of bigotry and hate :( I did. I grew up with some fairly racist and homophobic influences, but between being gay and being exposed to the rest of the world where people aren't racists I learned better. I really hope that happens for her kids, because this makes me so sad.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Some people breed bad people.

She shouldve been born 200-400 years ago.

But sadly, she's here, exposing her ignorance

Quoting FoxFire363:

Now she's in favor of slavery, too. What a piece of shit.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Ooh Jesus you are so ignorant

Quoting Anonymous:

So? Im not the only person who is against it. There are tons who are. My town does not have openly gay people walking around. At least they don't flaunt it. I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. Would hate for them to catch it.

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but majority of ppl are not disgusted by straight people. But over a million are offended by gays.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Mhmmmm sure. No nothing to indicate you're a couple. Bullshit. Back to the closet with your straight shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Yes you do. Every time you're in public with your SO and hold hands or call him honey. Give him a quick kiss goodbye or a loving hug. Yup that's your straight shit. No one wants to see that shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont flash my "straight shit" around.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

How about keep your straight shit in the closet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have a belief is not intolerance. Keep gay away from me and I am fine.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Why, because I'm intolerant of intolerance?  I really don't care if I make you sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Tell these people to mind their own damn business and to shut their stupid, judgemental, homo-phobic pie holes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Aren't all little boys gay until a certain age lol. I mean really, most little boys act very feminine because their examples are mostly from Mommy. My son liked girly things when he was little, along with boy stuff, but he asked me to paint his nails when he saw me do mine and just typical girl things. He loved to cuddle with stuffed animals and I'm sure some of the cartoons he watched were girly, but I've found that to just be the norm with all little kids, not just boys or girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Being gay is not a perversion, as the Bible says it is.  It's a sexual life style.  It's about time that in the 21st century people stopped adopting the constrains of a book that is thousands of years out of date.

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Yea me too.
I got kicked out for being a lesbian. :-/ that was 10 years ago and I'm still not over it

Quoting FoxFire363:

I hope her kids somehow escape from this cycle of bigotry and hate :( I did. I grew up with some fairly racist and homophobic influences, but between being gay and being exposed to the rest of the world where people aren't racists I learned better. I really hope that happens for her kids, because this makes me so sad.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

So? Im not the only person who is against it. There are tons who are. My town does not have openly gay people walking around. At least they don't flaunt it. I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. Would hate for them to catch it.

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but majority of ppl are not disgusted by straight people. But over a million are offended by gays.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Mhmmmm sure. No nothing to indicate you're a couple. Bullshit. Back to the closet with your straight shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Yes you do. Every time you're in public with your SO and hold hands or call him honey. Give him a quick kiss goodbye or a loving hug. Yup that's your straight shit. No one wants to see that shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Why, because I'm intolerant of intolerance?  I really don't care if I make you sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Tell these people to mind their own damn business and to shut their stupid, judgemental, homo-phobic pie holes!

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
My family was mostly ok with the gay. My nana (who was one if my main caregivers as a child) was not. We didn't speak for a few years (on her insistence) as a result. I'm still not over it either, but I'm healing a little. Last summer she welcomed my wife as well as myself and our children into her home for a brief visit. She was clearly a bit uncomfortable, but she's cone a long way. She is also the racist one. She's come a long way on that as well. At nearly 88 years old, I realize that she's pretty set in her ways, so any change is a real victory.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yea me too.

I got kicked out for being a lesbian. :-/ that was 10 years ago and I'm still not over it

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Yea the old people always are stuck.
I'm glad she tried and is coming around though.
Its not worth it to hurt someone you love just because of a different lifestyle, or skin color.

Quoting FoxFire363:

My family was mostly ok with the gay. My nana (who was one if my main caregivers as a child) was not. We didn't speak for a few years (on her insistence) as a result. I'm still not over it either, but I'm healing a little. Last summer she welcomed my wife as well as myself and our children into her home for a brief visit. She was clearly a bit uncomfortable, but she's cone a long way. She is also the racist one. She's come a long way on that as well. At nearly 88 years old, I realize that she's pretty set in her ways, so any change is a real victory.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yea me too.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I think my son is what changed her mind. DD was born before I was with my wife and before I was out. But DW and I had DS together via donor sperm. I think she realized she wanted a chance to meet her great-grandson, and that wasn't going to happen without dealing with me like a decent human being.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yea the old people always are stuck.

I'm glad she tried and is coming around though.

Its not worth it to hurt someone you love just because of a different lifestyle, or skin color.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yea me too.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I believe it is

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yes you are.
You can't "catch" gay.
Its not a death sentence, its not a disease.
That was ignorant

Quoting Anonymous:

No I'm not. I stand behind my beliefs. That does not make me ignorant. I have no need to support something I deem wrong. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I am not a fan of slavery. My family never owned slaves and some of the nicest people I know are not white. I have nothing against African Americans. I am not racist. I may not support gays, but that does not make me racist.

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting FoxFire363:

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)