Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So what if he's gay!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Anyone else have a DS who enjoys watching princess movies, doing girly stuff?

My DS LOVES Princess Sophia, Princess stuff, he loves to play "mommy" with his "babies" (stuffed animals), etc.....there are others I can't think of atm.

I keep getting told that I'm going to turn my son gay by allowing it....

Well, soooo what?!?!? He is going to be who he's going to be one way or another.

Eta: I keep getting lectured about how gay isn't a preference, how it's a sexual orientation.....or just plain lectured and I don't know why. This post is saying OTHERS are telling me this. I DO NOT CARE if my son likes boys, girls are both. I do not care if he wants to walk around in a princess dress and heels in public. I'm allowing him to be himself and don't care what others try and tell me.

I am his mother, it is my job to support his decisions and love him unconditionally. My job is to guide him through life, not to judge him for what he may or may not be. I'm allowing him to explore as much as he wants.

I was just asking a simple question.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (171-180):
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Well in that case.. so is stupidity

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe it is

Quoting couture-mommy:

Yes you are.

You can't "catch" gay.

Its not a death sentence, its not a disease.

That was ignorant

Quoting Anonymous:

No I'm not. I stand behind my beliefs. That does not make me ignorant. I have no need to support something I deem wrong. 

Quoting couture-mommy:

Ooh Jesus you are so ignorant

Quoting Anonymous:

So? Im not the only person who is against it. There are tons who are. My town does not have openly gay people walking around. At least they don't flaunt it. I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. Would hate for them to catch it.

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but majority of ppl are not disgusted by straight people. But over a million are offended by gays.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Mhmmmm sure. No nothing to indicate you're a couple. Bullshit. Back to the closet with your straight shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Yes you do. Every time you're in public with your SO and hold hands or call him honey. Give him a quick kiss goodbye or a loving hug. Yup that's your straight shit. No one wants to see that shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont flash my "straight shit" around.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

How about keep your straight shit in the closet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have a belief is not intolerance. Keep gay away from me and I am fine.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Why, because I'm intolerant of intolerance?  I really don't care if I make you sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Tell these people to mind their own damn business and to shut their stupid, judgemental, homo-phobic pie holes!

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Then why, when I pointed out that 200 year ago slavery and racism were acceptable did you respond with "200 years ago people were smart"? Backpedal much. I don't care if you like homosexuality. Nobody says you have to like it. But you don't need to be an asshole going around making comments about how it's "sick and gross" either. I don't like tomato sauce, but I don't picket Italian restaurants. I just don't eat tomato sauce. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not a fan of slavery. My family never owned slaves and some of the nicest people I know are not white. I have nothing against African Americans. I am not racist. I may not support gays, but that does not make me racist.

Quoting FoxFire363:

I hope her kids somehow escape from this cycle of bigotry and hate :( I did. I grew up with some fairly racist and homophobic influences, but between being gay and being exposed to the rest of the world where people aren't racists I learned better. I really hope that happens for her kids, because this makes me so sad.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Some people breed bad people.

She shouldve been born 200-400 years ago.

But sadly, she's here, exposing her ignorance

Quoting FoxFire363:

Now she's in favor of slavery, too. What a piece of shit.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

So? Im not the only person who is against it. There are tons who are. My town does not have openly gay people walking around. At least they don't flaunt it. I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. Would hate for them to catch it.

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but majority of ppl are not disgusted by straight people. But over a million are offended by gays.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Mhmmmm sure. No nothing to indicate you're a couple. Bullshit. Back to the closet with your straight shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Yes you do. Every time you're in public with your SO and hold hands or call him honey. Give him a quick kiss goodbye or a loving hug. Yup that's your straight shit. No one wants to see that shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Why, because I'm intolerant of intolerance?  I really don't care if I make you sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Tell these people to mind their own damn business and to shut their stupid, judgemental, homo-phobic pie holes!

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM

My son likes some 'girly' things. He is a big hello kitty fan. :3

I just encourage him to be himself... and it seems you are doing the same 

Gracies_mommy12
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Let him be him if you try to control it it will make problems worse and gay ppl are hilarious once they know they are accepted or just get to the point they dont care if ppl bash them..and the people that lecture you tell them they can kiss your buttocks!

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

wow, he'll be lucky to be rid of you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My ss is 17 and watches My Little Pony. Has never dated. And is a wuss. Pretty sure he's gay. If he comes out of the closet he will be moving out of my house.

Autodidact, Feckless Heathen

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM

ha. you raised him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No living with this kid sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

You suck

Quoting Anonymous:

My ss is 17 and watches My Little Pony. Has never dated. And is a wuss. Pretty sure he's gay. If he comes out of the closet he will be moving out of my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM
LOL the entire mental health community disagrees with you, as does mounting physical evidence on the difference between homosexual and heterosexual brains, but you think you've got this figured out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Genes has nothing to do with being queer. It's a choice, a mental illness. Disgusting.

Quoting motherslove82:

Well, your husband gave him the genes that made him that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Because 200 years ago people did not make people change their views for their own benefit. They stood up for their beliefs. 

Quoting FoxFire363:

Then why, when I pointed out that 200 year ago slavery and racism were acceptable did you respond with "200 years ago people were smart"? Backpedal much. I don't care if you like homosexuality. Nobody says you have to like it. But you don't need to be an asshole going around making comments about how it's "sick and gross" either. I don't like tomato sauce, but I don't picket Italian restaurants. I just don't eat tomato sauce. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not a fan of slavery. My family never owned slaves and some of the nicest people I know are not white. I have nothing against African Americans. I am not racist. I may not support gays, but that does not make me racist.

Quoting FoxFire363:

I hope her kids somehow escape from this cycle of bigotry and hate :( I did. I grew up with some fairly racist and homophobic influences, but between being gay and being exposed to the rest of the world where people aren't racists I learned better. I really hope that happens for her kids, because this makes me so sad.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Some people breed bad people.

She shouldve been born 200-400 years ago.

But sadly, she's here, exposing her ignorance

Quoting FoxFire363:

Now she's in favor of slavery, too. What a piece of shit.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoxFire363:

So?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

We dont do PDAs

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

You make me sick

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

He's my stepson asshole! I did not raise him

Quoting autodidact:

ha. you raised him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You suck

Quoting Anonymous:

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

sounds to me like you're the asshole. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's my stepson asshole! I did not raise him

Quoting autodidact:

ha. you raised him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You suck

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)