Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So what if he's gay!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Anyone else have a DS who enjoys watching princess movies, doing girly stuff?

My DS LOVES Princess Sophia, Princess stuff, he loves to play "mommy" with his "babies" (stuffed animals), etc.....there are others I can't think of atm.

I keep getting told that I'm going to turn my son gay by allowing it....

Well, soooo what?!?!? He is going to be who he's going to be one way or another.

Eta: I keep getting lectured about how gay isn't a preference, how it's a sexual orientation.....or just plain lectured and I don't know why. This post is saying OTHERS are telling me this. I DO NOT CARE if my son likes boys, girls are both. I do not care if he wants to walk around in a princess dress and heels in public. I'm allowing him to be himself and don't care what others try and tell me.

I am his mother, it is my job to support his decisions and love him unconditionally. My job is to guide him through life, not to judge him for what he may or may not be. I'm allowing him to explore as much as he wants.

I was just asking a simple question.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

The stress this child causes is affecting my dh too. He has told ss if he won't get a job and pass his classes then he needs to move out. We won't support a freeloader.

Quoting Anonymous:

Step-mothers like you make me SICK. 

You did NOT just marry the man - you also married his children. You disgust me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not just the gay thing. He lies constantly, sodomizes himself and leaves the evidence everywhere. Refuses to help with chores. Won't get a job, won't pass his classes. The gay thing would be the last straw. I can't stand him and want him gone.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's sad that you would throw him out for being gay. 😞

Quoting Anonymous:

My ss is 17 and watches My Little Pony. Has never dated. And is a wuss. Pretty sure he's gay. If he comes out of the closet he will be moving out of my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM
You don't have to talk bad to someone for them to know that you dislike them.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I don't. I never talk bad to him or around him. He is failing high school. He says homework is a waste of time. He doesnt want a job, but wants money. He won't get his drivers license. And he's the one who shoved the flashlight up his ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm. Do you think he might do those things because of your animosity towards him?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not just the gay thing. He lies constantly, sodomizes himself and leaves the evidence everywhere. Refuses to help with chores. Won't get a job, won't pass his classes. The gay thing would be the last straw. I can't stand him and want him gone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My ss is 17 and watches My Little Pony. Has never dated. And is a wuss. Pretty sure he's gay. If he comes out of the closet he will be moving out of my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM

It's not my life. Every other teen in this town is working. They are driving. They are graduating. Not him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then throw him out. I feel bad for him but I will not judge bc I'n not living your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

He knows I don't think him watching my little ponies and calling himself a Brony is appropriate. He knows that if he is gonna shove crap up his ass he needs to clean up after it. And he is not going on any church trips this year since he won't get a job. We still play games together and laugh and joke. He does know that both dh and I are anti gay.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't have to talk bad to someone for them to know that you dislike them.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I don't. I never talk bad to him or around him. He is failing high school. He says homework is a waste of time. He doesnt want a job, but wants money. He won't get his drivers license. And he's the one who shoved the flashlight up his ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm. Do you think he might do those things because of your animosity towards him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Cdaly12491
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My nephew went through a phase like that. He even liked dressing up in his sister's clothes. 

He is now a very boyish little guy.

Just because they're interested in some girly things won't always mean they're going to grow up to be gay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Oh, I know that!!! I tell them that, too. I just tell them that I don't care if he was born gay or if you chooses that lifestyle.

My job as a mother is to love him unconditionally and be a non judgmental party.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't catch the gay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Your being a bitch, even of he does come out he won't cause he knows you will find any reason to kick him out

Quoting Anonymous:

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Way to show some unconditional love. Smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

My other two kids are normal. Ss is just weird. He does weird shit and is a lazy ass brat. Can't stand him.

Quoting FoxFire363:

You don't deserve to be a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My guy has always liked Dora, watches Tinkerbell on Netflix, and will come up with a blanket around him and say "I'm a princess!" I correct him, but I really see no harm in it. 

People who have that mindset are ridiculous. Wearing pink, watching shows tailored to girls, or playing with dolls will not "turn" your little boy gay. Just like a girl playing in the mud, with legos, or catching frogs will not "turn" her into a lesbian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I don't need a reason. He knows he will get a job and graduate or move out when he turns 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your being a bitch, even of he does come out he won't cause he knows you will find any reason to kick him out

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN