Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...Weddings are so expensive. Oh Well

ETA: DD & her DF have worked hard and saved to [ay for their wedding. They are doing ALL they cato keep the costs down. DH & I are happy we can give her this "splurge"

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (121-130):
Amybelle
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:26 AM

your dreams maybe,......my DD's reality :0)

Quoting ACDC_fan:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!! 5 GRAND?! For FLOWERS?!
In your dreams. In. Your. DREAMS. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Ours was like $50 for the marriage license and $80 for the courthouse wedding imagine in ca how much it would've been had we had a big event!

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Celebrations.......just like birhtday parties and baby showers, etc. Everyone has to have something to show off and spend lots of money. But I guess if it makes them happy, sobeit. I had my wedding at a friends lake. Everyting including the pastor fee was like $50. $15 for the rings, $15 for the flowers, and $20 for the fee. Oh and I forgot: the marriage license which I think was $35

Quoting Anonymous:

the court house is so much cheaper I dont understand why people have to have these big events.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I spent less than $100 for two bridesmaids posies and two mothers corsages. I don't see how you could spend that money in flowers.
ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm sorry, but that's fucking insane. lol

Quoting Amybelle:

Quoting ACDC_fan:

ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

--man, my DD could want whatever she wants, but that doesnt mean I'll get it for her lmao
I'd have no problem telling her "yeah.....not gonna happen, baby." lmao 

Quoting Amybelle:

Quoting ACDC_fan:

aj_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I had silk flowers except on the altar, only real flowers there. I'm pretty sure I spent less than $200-$300.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
It happens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Good thing i eloped.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonInfinity
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

ouh, ouch! lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ours was like $50 for the marriage license and $80 for the courthouse wedding imagine in ca how much it would've been had we had a big event!

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Celebrations.......just like birhtday parties and baby showers, etc. Everyone has to have something to show off and spend lots of money. But I guess if it makes them happy, sobeit. I had my wedding at a friends lake. Everyting including the pastor fee was like $50. $15 for the rings, $15 for the flowers, and $20 for the fee. Oh and I forgot: the marriage license which I think was $35

Quoting Anonymous:

the court house is so much cheaper I dont understand why people have to have these big events.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

wiener
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap I grew my own wild flowers and picked them right before, best bouquet ever
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)