Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate seeing children my daughters age!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't handle going to the store, park, or anywhere and seeing children around my daughters age. What makes it worse is now I have to find play dates and I almost don't want to.. I know it will help her but I'm not sure if I want to face it yet.

My daughter is 18 months old and had medical issues and developmental delays. She may be autistic but to young to tell. I know I work hard I do all I can I know I can be better and I strive every day be the best mother i can. If I face a child who is " normal" I feel like its proof I failed as a mother and that this is all my fault.. And I wish it was because then maybe they could fix her. Not that she needs fixing but my baby had gone through so much already and I just want to take all her pain all her obstacles and live them for her.. I know if I don't find her a play date I would be wrong and it would be very selfish. But I don't really see all the delays and the weight issue until she is right next to a kid around her age.. I know I have to suck it up and do it and I will I have already looked into play groups and even have a friend with a baby my daughters age. I just don't want to face it, if I do it will be like admitting defeat. I fought off 3 surgeries with hard work and patience.

Momas I could use some support and story sharing right now.. That's my confession..
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alee34
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
God blessed her with how she is supposed to be :) you're a strong mommy so be proud.
LovelyCorrupt
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:14 AM
3 moms liked this
U didn't fail as a mother. U do what u can to make her happy and strong. If she is fed and sheltered and loved, ur doing everything right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

What you feel is all normal. I feel I have faile as well btw. My son has speech delay and he is going to be tested for autism ...I think so many times maybe it's *me*. I see him and my heart breaks.

Feel free to pm me.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you my daughter is still to young to be tested but that's where we think this is going. She is majorly delayed speech wize. She is physically delayed but not as much

Quoting teal_phoenix:

*hugs*

What you feel is all normal. I feel I have faile as well btw. My son has speech delay and he is going to be tested for autism ...I think so many times maybe it's *me*. I see him and my heart breaks.

Feel free to pm me.

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry. You haven't failed at anything. You sound like a loving, caring mother. It might help to just find other children she clicks with regardless of age. Social interaction is such a great thing at her age. My oldest son plays well with his younger brothers and older children. As long as they play well together, age doesn't matter. It would help you not compare children either. Even though we all know we shouldn't, it is hard not too. Especially when two children the same age are right next to each other. Trust me, I have two four year olds. One isn't my biological child and they've both had VERY different upbringings. They're polar opposites and I struggle to not compare them. I wish you luck, mama. Smile, you're doing everything you can.
Lalalie
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Aww, be strong darling!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Having speech delays and autism are two different things.
MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Thank you very much, it's just I'm with her all day every day and I kinda lose my self and begin to think nothings wrong then I see other children and it feels like a slap in the face. She is special and I love her she is my world it's just hard exspecialy since my family doesn't really support me

Quoting MilkLover0203:

Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry. You haven't failed at anything. You sound like a loving, caring mother. It might help to just find other children she clicks with regardless of age. Social interaction is such a great thing at her age. My oldest son plays well with his younger brothers and older children. As long as they play well together, age doesn't matter. It would help you not compare children either. Even though we all know we shouldn't, it is hard not too. Especially when two children the same age are right next to each other. Trust me, I have two four year olds. One isn't my biological child and they've both had VERY different upbringings. They're polar opposites and I struggle to not compare them. I wish you luck, mama. Smile, you're doing everything you can.

teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:24 AM

You are welcome. It creats an ache and huge soft spot in my heart.

My son started regressing and that is one reason for the austism check. With my son's speech he lacks communicating skills so it's hard to know what he wants. He also has sensory processing disorder/defensiveness. When it comes to his speech I feel I did something wrong. Maybe I didn't talk enough to him or maybe I didn't do something write when I was teaching him kwim?

Quoting MamaSwan001:

Thank you my daughter is still to young to be tested but that's where we think this is going. She is majorly delayed speech wize. She is physically delayed but not as much

Quoting teal_phoenix:

*hugs*

Feel free to pm me.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Oh I know but it is a good indicator, he doctor and therapist think she is showing signs but are hoping if I expose her to other children it may just be not being socialized enough. But being socialized wont help her eat, or help her sensory disorders.

Quoting Anonymous:

Having speech delays and autism are two different things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)