Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 pregnant with #2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
I was going to edit my first post but Im on mobile so can't. I found I was pregnant with my second child a few days ago. I support my first in every way but live with my mom. so obviously i don't fully support my family. My child's father and I are too be married in 4 months (my 18th birthday is in 3 weeks) and we both work. I decided to see how mom would react when i told her im going to buy a pregnancy test, she just nodded and looked unimpressed but wasn't mad or didn't say anything. I took the test and well its VERY positive but I knew it would be im about 5-6weeks.

Now what do I say to tell her the test was positive? How would you want your DD to say it? Remember this isn't my first.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't want my DD to say it. Especially since it isn't her first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM
4 moms liked this
My DD will not be a teen mom, so no clue. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:43 AM
15 moms liked this

I'd want her to say it as " hey mom, I got my own apartment and I move out tomorrow so that I can fully support my family including the one I am pregnant with now"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Keep your legs shut. You're seventeen. Anyway, just tell her, finish school and get a job.
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:46 AM
6 moms liked this

never say never

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Daisypath - (J64q)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:47 AM
2 moms liked this

The fact that you bought it and told her means she most likely knows that you are.  There is a reason you bought it right?  Shes not stupid.  That look was probably her keeping her crazy inside till you were out of her sight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Not to sound judgmental, but didn't you think BC was a good idea after having one as a teen? I wouldn't want to hurt my mom by having another so young. Once is a surprise, twice is just ignorance and uneducated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I will say never because it will never happen. She has no interest in being a mom until she's at least 30. Smart girl.

Quoting MamaSusieQ045:

never say never

Quoting Anonymous:

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM
This.
In addition to get mom i got into college and can pay for everything MYSELF!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd want her to say it as " hey mom, I got my own apartment and I move out tomorrow so that I can fully support my family including the one I am pregnant with now"

happy41ce
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM

The fact you told her you are buying a test would prob give it up..did you want another baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)