Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 pregnant with #2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was going to edit my first post but Im on mobile so can't. I found I was pregnant with my second child a few days ago. I support my first in every way but live with my mom. so obviously i don't fully support my family. My child's father and I are too be married in 4 months (my 18th birthday is in 3 weeks) and we both work. I decided to see how mom would react when i told her im going to buy a pregnancy test, she just nodded and looked unimpressed but wasn't mad or didn't say anything. I took the test and well its VERY positive but I knew it would be im about 5-6weeks.

Now what do I say to tell her the test was positive? How would you want your DD to say it? Remember this isn't my first.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:13 AM
So, you just don't know what birth control is? Or didn't care enough to use it?
Quoting Anonymous:

No

Quoting happy41ce:

The fact you told her you are buying a test would prob give it up..did you want another baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 AM

You sit her down and tell her you hope she has enough money to support another baby, since you couldn't figure out how condoms work.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Definitely these two posts, and God forbid my little girls become pregnant as teens

Quoting thefiregoddess:

This.

In addition to get mom i got into college and can pay for everything MYSELF!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd want her to say it as " hey mom, I got my own apartment and I move out tomorrow so that I can fully support my family including the one I am pregnant with now"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Just tell her. Would she even be happy for you?

Though, congrats on the upcoming nuptials.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Your mom, went through this.
Sadly she is becoming a young grandmother.
On the good side, your mother will still (hopefully) be alive longer to see the grand kids until they too are old.

But please think after you have the 2nd baby, get tied or have your soon to be DH tied (when being tied) you CAN reverse that to have more kids.

It's good you have a job, start saving up (hard I know b/c diapers, baby clothes & food!) but have a piggy bank or any small coin bank & start to put spare change away buy a 2nd small coin bank to keep going with the saving of the spare change. Save up about maybe 7 to 10 (or more maybe 15, lots of little piggy banks I know) but afterwards open them up & see if you have enough for a apartment or to start a real saving account than just keep going with the little coin bank though.
Save it up for a apartment or maybe (if lucky & you haven't ruined your credit yet.) a small down payment on a house (try for rent to own or a lower payment plan on a mortgage.) or maybe ask your mom ("hey mom want to go half's on a 2family house?")

But be smart, be wise, take a break after then 2nd baby (give BJ's if must for a year!) but give your mom some peace & quiet in her mind & start that small coin piggy bank! (saving is good!) & seven dam good is good credit! (DON'T F' UP YOUR CREDIT!)

Good luck, god bless you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I find this post so incredibly sad. Those poor children. :(.

I guess your only option is to just tell her. Please have your tubes tied if you want to continue to act recklessly.

I just can't imagine being 18 with two kids. We waited until our thirties because we wanted to be sure we could afford a baby and eventually college for our child. Even in our 30's we felt the pressure of the immense responsibility that comes with parenthood. I'm sure you are doing the best you can, but how unfair to your mom to put all of this extra burden on her. Have you considered putting the baby up for adoption?
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom said the same exact thing, and guess what? Not only was i a teen mom once, but twice! So never say never.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DD will not be a teen mom, so no clue. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother used to say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anyrhing at all. Some of you ladies could learn something from that. For the ones who are positive their little angel will never get pregnant that young, it's not always smart to tempt fate. How many mothers think "oh, my daughter will definitely get pregnant young"?
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM
You need to buck up and just tell her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Just tell her. I'm sure she already knows. Then do something nice for her, hug her and apologize. I'm sure she feels like she is a bad mother or she did something wrong. It might make her feel a little bit better about you being irresponsible again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)