Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Frustrated - preschool options

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son will be 3 on August 11th. I've been thinking about his schooling since before he was born, and the time for a good preschool is almost here. I teach pre-k, but I don't want my son in my class and I want him in a Christian school. The one I really want him to attend requires that the child is 3 on or before August 1st, and there are no exceptions. I considered head start, but the only head start center near me is not in a good part of town. I'm not having any luck with finding a good Christian preschool that will accept him with turning 3 on the 11th instead of the 1st. I don't want him to wait another year :( I want him in a good 3 year old program, preferably in a Christian preschool, and I just can't find one! I guess it's time to start hitting up different churches around the area and see if they have good programs. I've also considered a Montessori preschool, but I'm not sure if they will take him right when he turns 3. If only he had been born 10 days earlier!!
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:58 AM
I've never seen Christian preschool so many times in a sentence
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Lol sorry. I've had no sleep, so it's a bit jumbled.
It's important to me because I don't want my son in public school. I just feel like he will get a better education at one of the two Christian schools I've picked out, so he might as well go to a Christian preschool. I know that the scholarship options will be better if he is already involved in the school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never seen Christian preschool so many times in a sentence
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Also, lots of preschools around here accept 3 year olds regardless of their birthday, but that's not what I'm looking for.
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:36 AM

He can attend any - Preschool, They do not teach, nothing but school stuff.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM

most of the pre-schools around me are run out of churches.  christian, catholic, presbyterian, baptist, etc.

i guess it depends on where you live depends on the birthday.  here by us, as long as they are 2 by Dec 1, they can start school

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM
There's a lot of church daycares around here, but idk about actual preschools. I know it won't hurt him to wait a year since he won't start kindergarten until he's 6, but I just want him to start now. I think it would be good for him.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

most of the pre-schools around me are run out of churches.  christian, catholic, presbyterian, baptist, etc.

i guess it depends on where you live depends on the birthday.  here by us, as long as they are 2 by Dec 1, they can start school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN