Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just slapped my husband in the face *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies
We were having a pissing contest of who was more tired. I said I was more tired because I have been up at 4 every day for 6 days and he sleeps til 8. He said I always get a nap during the day which is not even remotely true, I work full time in addition to caring for our infant and household whereas he only has to work. He then goes "you're lying, if I see you taking a fucking nap I'm going to slap you in your fucking face." That is when I slapped him. He has said "I'm going to slap you" before but never has. He called me a cunt, got out of bed and got dressed and left the house, three hours before he had to go to work. I don't know when he'll call, if he'll be back before or after work or what. I honestly do feel it was justified for me to slap him though. The way he said that to me, the fact that he has said it before, the fact he's been treating me like shit to walk on for awhile now...

*he just came home , update later

Update: He came home after an hour of being gone, I didn't see him at first but heard him come in and go straight to the shower. After he got out of the shower he dressed again, came up and kissed our daughter goodbye (i was holding her) and he spoke to me for the first time since being home. He said "Bye darlin". I had been clinching my jaw the whole time so I wouldn't say anything to him first. I just said "where ya going?" And he said "to the post office to get the package that came in" (my Mother's Day present actually) and I said ok and he left. He did holler "I love you" up the stairs on his way out though.

Update2: He came back from the post office with my Mother's Day present and acted like the whole thing never happened. I didn't bring it back up and neither did he, we just hung out for the time he had left until work then when he did leave he gave me a hug and kiss and said he loves me like he always does. He and I both know we were both in the wrong which is why it wasn't brought back up, neither wants to apologize first so it'll likely just get buried. I am hoping some good comes from this in that he realizes I'm not going to be talked to like that and he is not to threaten me with violence. I am glad I stood up for myself, it was about time because these "I'm going to slap you in your face" comments are not new and not cool.

Update3: He called about an hour after he got to work and we chatted a bit about general stuff (the house, the baby) then I did ask him where he went while he left for that hour. He said he went to go sleep in his car down the street. I do believe him because I have done the same thing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerspell
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:47 AM
3 moms liked this

wow my husband would never ever say that shit to me i think i would have nutted him if he said that 

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
16 moms liked this

Sounds like a pretty dysfunctional relationship. You both could probably use some anger management. 

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Dam! sounds like you two needs some help.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
10 moms liked this

did he go to wal-mart to be with the rest of your kind?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Part of me is sorry and sad that he left, I want to call him but I know I shouldn't because he was so out of line talking to me that way. He has started talking down to me a lot more and I need to stop taking it

Quoting tinkerspell:

wow my husband would never ever say that shit to me i think i would have nutted him if he said that 

MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

o.O

Donnah118
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have slapped him for calling me a cunt. Hard!

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm why are you doing everything of you both work. My husbands ass would be up with our child every other day and helping clean the house. I'm a SAHM and he helps around the house and with the kids. He has no choice in the matter when it comes to our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Idk where he went , probably not to Walmart. He got dressed for work so maybe he went in early. Idk though.

Quoting AngryBob:

did he go to wal-mart to be with the rest of your kind?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM
11 moms liked this

Your husband is not a child and you had no right to put your hands on him. If he comes back apologize and thank your lucky stars. You were wrong I don't care what he called you, if you don't like it then you get your ass up and leave. If that man slapped you back he would have done wrong. Get your life and you two need to learn how to talk to each other.

This post is wrong on so many levels. Get counselling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)