Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do-Friend situation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I love my good friend dearly.  She can get frustrated easily but it seems to haven gotten worse.

The last couple of times when we all have gotten together (my family and hers) a situation has occurred where she will have a bit of a tantrum and an attitude with her husband;.  My husband and I will just stare at each other or start talking about something else.  Her husband will usually call her out on it or say something else to make her aware of it.

I haven't spoke to her about it,  she knows she can get stressed easily and I don't want to make it seem like I'm putting her down about it.

Yesterday, we spent the day together at the zoo.  She had a couple of episodes of getting an attitude with her husband.  It was uncomfortable and at one point people were staring because she got loud. Another time she got upset over something that seemed pretty petty to me, obviously it was stressful to her.  I asked her if she was okay and she looked confused as to why I was asking that. 

When it's just her and I, she is fine.  Her husband and her have a different marriage than I do, as far as how arguments or disagreements are handled.  It's a lot of snapping back and forth.

We are doing something with just the two of us and I was going to try to find a way to bring it up at that time.  Or do I just realize that's how things are between her husband and her.

We all get upset and have stressful moments, I understand that but it seems like she is always stressed.  For example,  her husband putting the wipes in the diaper bag instead of leaving them out like she had them.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

distance yourself as couples. When she asks why be honest. See if that helps.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I would just tell her that it makes me really uncomfortable.. 

She may not change, because clearly that is their dynamic together.. But I'd let her know that it's really uncomfortable for me.. maybe she'll be slightly more aware and it'll get a tad better..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)