Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That's my BoyChild ...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 140 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is my husband's current FB status under his work profile. For those who don't know, Husband is a professional clown. Sometimes he takes The BoyChild to work with him.

Overheard on the bus:
Big strong strapping man, sits down across from me, near my son: Man I hate clowns, they scare me. Don't they scare you?
The BoyChild (looking at him with the innocent curiosity of a 7 year old): Coward?
Me (in my head so as to not start a brawl on the bus): Good eye son, good eye.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think expressing a fear makes you a coward.  Everyone struggles with a fear of something.  My 7 year old would never call someone a coward.  Your husband's response was juvenile.

LClark1973
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I hate Black Widow spiders. Most likely it is an irrational fear. Yes I run screaming from them.

The boy child sounds like he is very observant, and wise.

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that expressing fear of a clown, to a child, makes you a coward.
My husband's response was silent, he shared it with me, but we chose to share it on his FB because frankly, it's stupid for a grown ass man to be "afraid" of a clown. We're not talking actual phobia here, we've all seen people with phobias and they don't sit feet from the clown. And they certainly don't risk a conversation by talking about him.

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

I don't think expressing a fear makes you a coward.  Everyone struggles with a fear of something.  My 7 year old would never call someone a coward.  Your husband's response was juvenile.

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
LOL.
I don't mind people with real phobias. But the ones who walk around talking to the clown about how much they hate and fear clowns. Well they're just asking to be tormented aren't they?
And he really is sometimes. Then again, most children are when they're allowed to speak their minds.

Quoting LClark1973:

I hate Black Widow spiders. Most likely it is an irrational fear. Yes I run screaming from them.

The boy child sounds like he is very observant, and wise.

LectioDivina
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

That's kind of mean to teach him :(

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
It's kind of mean to hate on a man for his profession too ...

Quoting LectioDivina:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting LectioDivina:

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

He was just trying to be funny then.  No biggie.  I think that fear of clowns is actually pretty common.  Even for men.  They are really creepy at times.   Your son was still rude.  I would have called him on it.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

My husband's response was silent, he shared it with me, but we chose to share it on his FB because frankly, it's stupid for a grown ass man to be "afraid" of a clown. We're not talking actual phobia here, we've all seen people with phobias and they don't sit feet from the clown. And they certainly don't risk a conversation by talking about him.

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
That's your right. I don't think that children should reprimand adults, but that's not what he did. He asked, because as far as he's concerned this guy is afraid of his daddy. You know, the guy who makes kids happy for a living, that's who this man is afraid of. And not just afraid, but asking my son if he's afraid too, as though you're supposed to be afraid of clowns.
Might have been rude, but that doesn't make it untrue, or less funny.

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

He was just trying to be funny then.  No biggie.  I think that fear of clowns is actually pretty common.  Even for men.  They are really creepy at times.   Your son was still rude.  I would have called him on it.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Why do you call him boychild?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)