Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women who have HIV/AIDs should not have kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: If a women has HIV/AIDs should she have a child knowing the risk?

Options:

yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

This is an arugment between me and my friend we watch that show I'm prego and whatever well this one was I'm prego and have AID. I thought it was kind of sad that she would get prego while she had AIDs and could maybe give it to her daughter. I not saying that she should never get prego but she already had a baby and that was how she found out she had it. She thinks who cares she wanted another child go for it.

so what do you ladys think?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM

They shouldn't.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM

the risks are minimal to a child if a woman is aware she has it and proper precations are taken during birth

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I would be scared to have one if I was HIV positive but if she can afford another one, why not?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

There are antiretroviral drugs that can protect babies from HIV infection. When an HIV-positive mother receives antiretroviral drugs during pregnancy, labor, and delivery; has her baby by Caesarian section; and avoids breastfeeding, the chance of passing the infection to her baby falls to less than 2% (fewer than 2 in 100). (The newborn babies are also given treatment after birth to protect them.)

(quoted from aids.gov website)

jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

If a woman is aware and her doctor treats her appropriately during pregnancy, educates her, and treats the baby after delivery, chances of transmission are 4-8%. 

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

the risks are minimal to a child if a woman is aware she has it and proper precations are taken during birth

This! It is not the eighties, for the love of God. HIV is no longer a death sentence. They are curing it in some people. 

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I had to do a little research to decide. This is what I found.  

The risk of passing HIV to your baby can be decreased to as little as two percent if a woman takes HIV meds at appropriate times in her pregnancy, delivers her baby by C-section, and does not breastfeed. HIV no longer prevents a couple from starting a family. HIV no longer means a woman can't become a mother. Again, with the proper medical care and by taking care of yourself, you can take control of your life and your future.

Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Way to completely negate your first statement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone deserves the chance to be a mother!

Regardless! Judgemental bitches like you don't deserve to have kids..
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Imo honestly no
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Yes there is medicine now to prevent the baby from contracting it during pregnancy.  Also as long as she has a C-Section and doesn't breastfeed there is no reason for her not to.  The chances are only around 2% of the baby contracting it no different than any other genital defect that could run in families. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured