Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lactating????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Well my friend just called me freaking out and she said that her breast were liking milk and her breast are swollen and uncomfortable. But one of her friends asked her last week you look pregnant and she said no Bc she has her period month to month but she decided to use the pregnancy test she got home and it's like 2 yrs old and it was negative..so this morning is when she noticed she was lactating from her breast . So just a question what do you think this can be or you think it's pregnancy related?? She will be making doctors opp obviously to find out for sure what's going on. And if it's pregnancy related how far along you have to be in order for you to be lactating?? I couldn't answer that for her Bc I never had that issue with any of my pregnancies so I don't know. The only time I would be lactating is after birth not while pregnant.. TIA ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Bump
im_not_trollin
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Hormones.... You can lactate even without being pregnant. I know a woman who had a baby and over 2 years after weaning him she started lactating again... It's hormones...

MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I "lactated" from the time my son was born four years ago until the day i got pregnant with my last

now I breastfeed so I really lactate lol

some women never fully dry up

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Some people get an abnormally high prolactin level from certain medications.  Most often ones that affect dopamine like anti-psychotics or ones that contain estrogen.  Anyway, you can lactate and not be pregnant.  She just needs to find the cause.

im_not_trollin
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Wanted to add, it's possible to never have had children and still lactate....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
That's what I was telling her too it's probably your hormones and she said she never had this problem before it just started. Her son in almost 7 yrs old if that helps and medication? She hasn't been on any meds for about 5 ths now since her insurance got cut off. But before she was on aderal(sp) but I don't think that could cause it.

Quoting im_not_trollin:

Hormones.... You can lactate even without being pregnant. I know a woman who had a baby and over 2 years after weaning him she started lactating again... It's hormones...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Really? That's weird. Like I said I never had that problem so I can't really say much about it.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I "lactated" from the time my son was born four years ago until the day i got pregnant with my last

MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

yes really lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? That's weird. Like I said I never had that problem so I can't really say much about it.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)