Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate having to watch him suffer :( *addiction post* Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
So my roommate is currently detoxing and it's killing me to watch him. He's tried quitting on his own once before. This time has been sooooooooo much worse. I had to literally hold him down last night because he was screaming, kicking, hitting his head against the wall ect. I take him in tomorrow to an out patient clinic to get some help, but he has to be 24 hours free of opiates and in full blown withdrawal before they can give him anything. It just kills me to see how much pain he's in and to not be able to do ANYTHING about it. Anyone else go through this? I'm just scared for tonight

*** Update ***
Sorry I didn't update last night, yesterday was LOOONG. Woke up at 4 am to drive over an hour to the clinic. I answered a couple questions while there but was so exhausted from the past few days that I just kinda crashed in a chair in the waiting room. The appointment ended up being 4 hours long. They gave him a dose of Methadone and that really seemed to help. He has to go in every morning (over a hour drive one way every morning!) to get his dose. Except for Saturdays, then he'll get Sundays as well to take home. He also has to go in every morning for a personal consoling and also a group one. They say it'll probably be a year and a half of it since they want to taper him off slow so that he'll hopefully not regress. I'm just thankful that the worst is over. He was beyond ecstatic to not have that feeling of "need" and glad that it didn't make him feel high. His exact words were "it feels so nice to feel normal and not high or wanting to get high" he did really good until about 6pm and then said he could feel it start to wear off. Thank God he was already getting tired and decided to just call it an early night and go to bed. Waking him up early was hard this morning but I could tell he was just wanting to get there as fast as he could. *fingers crossed that he can keep this up!*

I also want to thank everyone who had kind words. It ment so much to me when I felt like giving up on it all. As for all the "wonderful" *note the sarcasm* women who felt he "deserved it" I'm done arguing with you. In my heart, I know he made a stupid mistake but at least he's trying to get better!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Bump
Lyzz3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Oh wow! You are an awesome friend. Only advice for you is to pray for him. Genuinely hope abnd pray for the best for your friend!! Stay strong
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Nyquil is gonna be your friend and his it will let him sleep and keep you and him sane till tomorrow. Also a hot bath, as he will get leg cramps, also get some anti diherra meds too.
-Walker.Bait-
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

glad he has you for support. just stay strong for him. he needs it.

*hug*

4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
No, but here's a bump!
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I have no experience with this. You are a great person for helping him through this. Good luck to you both.
tifbrown
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope your kids have somewhere else to stay while this is going on. Withdrawal is brutal and unpredictable. It's great you are helping him, but your kids are your priority. 

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

am i the only one who doesnt feel bad for him?hes detoxing not fighting cancer..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Thanks. He's prescribed Ambien so he's currently zonked from that but he doesn't have much left.......

Quoting Anonymous:

Nyquil is gonna be your friend and his it will let him sleep and keep you and him sane till tomorrow. Also a hot bath, as he will get leg cramps, also get some anti diherra meds too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
He's my best friend, saved my life more then once so I owe him.

Quoting Lyzz3:

Oh wow! You are an awesome friend. Only advice for you is to pray for him. Genuinely hope abnd pray for the best for your friend!! Stay strong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)