Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can gay people be Christians?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
2 moms liked this

For people who think gay people can't be Christians: do you think people who have divorced and remarried can't be Christians too? Those second marriages are clearly called adultery in the bible, but no one seems to give remarried heterosexuals a hard time about that.

Why the double standard?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I wonder the same thing. Most of the people in the news and politics who preach against homosexuals are in their second or third marriages. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh? Gay people can't be Christian? No one told me! I Think they forgot to revoke my membership card

rrbelgarde
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
6 moms liked this

I am a christian and the only way I can answer this is people still look at some sin as worse than others. God clearly says sin is sin. We are to not judge anyone but to love them all. 

MamaRae85
by *you're on May. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm more the type of Christian who doesn't feel like she gets to decide whether someone is a "real" Christian or not. Life is much more simple that way. lol

To be clear, this does not mean that I'm oblivious to sinful or hypocritical behavior (though I freely admit to missing my own sometimes. lol), it just means that I'm fully aware that not sinning is not what makes someone a Christian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM

That's what I always think too.

Especially since divorce is legal and these people don't try to outlaw that, but  some of those same people fight against gay marriage being legal. 

Quoting rrbelgarde:

I am a christian and the only way I can answer this is people still look at some sin as worse than others. God clearly says sin is sin. We are to not judge anyone but to love them all. 

tinarob
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
3 moms liked this
They forgot to take my brothers card too and him and his partner go to church every Sunday and are welcomed with open arms....shhhhh don't tell anyone ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh? Gay people can't be Christian? No one told me! I Think they forgot to revoke my membership card

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM

That's a good attitude to have. 

I'm just always confused about why some Christians claim gay people can't be Christian. 

Quoting MamaRae85:

I'm more the type of Christian who doesn't feel like she gets to decide whether someone is a "real" Christian or not. Life is much more simple that way. lol

To be clear, this does not mean that I'm oblivious to sinful or hypocritical behavior (though I freely admit to missing my own sometimes. lol), it just means that I'm fully aware that not sinning is not what makes someone a Christian.

rrbelgarde
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a double standard, God says that not one sin is worse than another. All sin is the same. We are all human though and this is why people should not look upon humans but only look upon God because we are not perfect. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I always think too.

Especially since divorce is legal and these people don't try to outlaw that, but  some of those same people fight against gay marriage being legal. 

Quoting rrbelgarde:

ssassys
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Christian and have wondered this myself.  It is a sin to have sex before marriage, yet, most Christians do not condemn those that do to hell.  We ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God.  That's why he sent Jesus.  John 13:34-35  “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN