Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's, how do you not sleep all day!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 47 Replies
So I'm a student and I don't work, but I'm taking the summer off for once since I'm far enough ahead to spend some time with my kids. I had a day off today and literally almost slept in til like 11:30! (That's a big deal for me) when I woke up I realized I could probably go back to sleep. I was just thinking how in the world I'm gonna be when I have all summer! Any SAHM's have any advice for me? Lol might be silly, but what are your daily routines like with your kids during the summer?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thewife06
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Ummmm, was your kid home?  If not, When your kid IS home, you won't be sleeping. 

If your kid was home, how old are they that they didn't wake you up? 

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM

How did you sleep until 11:30? Were your kids at school?

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have time to sleep all day because I'm busy with my kids.......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

My kids and I keep busy. We are rarely indoors when it's nice out

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I do sleep a lot. I'm usually up all night so it's hard not to.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

You're probably just catching up on sleep. Literally.
I read a couple years back about how the hours we lose from a restful night's sleep add up and when we become exhausted we tend to sleep longer to make up for those lost hours.
Sleep Science, though, it's kinda iffy... They really don't know as much about sleep as you'd think they would even here in the year 2013. 

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I get up relatively early, otherwise I sleep until my girls wake up. 

Dreamly
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I have a nb now but when it was just my dd I got up to take her to school, cleaned the house if needed, laundry if needed, run errands and grocery shop if needed, pick her up from school, get snack and home work out of way, then dinner and shower. bed. on the days where all things are done I may have had a nap. Now there's a new baby I try to get things done while he's asleep
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I get up around 6. Make breakfast, do chores, activities with the kids. And we don't stay home all day. Go to a park. Make a picnic. I can't wait for huckleberry time. We love going in the mountains to pick them.
Daughter has dance and piano, older kids have swimming lessons. Im signing up for some classes for myself. I want to take a cake decorating class.we are part of a playgroup.

You just keep busy. Sure if you sitmaround you want to sleep.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Once you get up and get out of bed don't get back in bed even to watch tv at any point in the day u less you plan on napping or going back to bed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN