Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's, how do you not sleep all day!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 55 Replies
So I'm a student and I don't work, but I'm taking the summer off for once since I'm far enough ahead to spend some time with my kids. I had a day off today and literally almost slept in til like 11:30! (That's a big deal for me) when I woke up I realized I could probably go back to sleep. I was just thinking how in the world I'm gonna be when I have all summer! Any SAHM's have any advice for me? Lol might be silly, but what are your daily routines like with your kids during the summer?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Where were your kids?

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Well my kids are grown..I worked fulltime when they were "kids".  I stay home now...but as far as sleeping, I do it at night at bedtime.   Ive never been one to sleep during the day.

My husband could take a nap every day! Not me!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I clean. I homeschool my kids. I chill on CM. I bake (a lot. I love to bake!). I make dinner/lunch/breakfast but not in that order ;). I play on facebook. We go for walks when it's nice. 

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Bwahaha, no way my kids would let me sleep that long lol.

no advice really, as that's never been a problem for  me xD. Feeling tired is though haha

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

You have to burn energy to make energy. Its true for me anyway. I've been full of new energy since I started running. I can't sleep in anymore because my body doesn't want to anymore.

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
It's called a 2 year old that doesn't sleep all day.
AleaKat
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I'm a SAHM but I've got one at home with me and one at school.
When they are both in school ill probably get a part time job just to feel productive and get out and have play money.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I sleep between noon and three most days.  It's necessary to maintain my health.

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

wake up when they do, do housework, drink that coffee, read books and take ds out to have fun at the beach or park.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I can't sleep when the kids are awake because my kids are young and need supervision. Are your kids a lot older? Anyway, I do a lot of cleaning, play with the kids, we do activities, parks, playdates, library, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)