Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really such a big deal if we don't share a cell plan?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 31 Replies
My SO has had sprint since the day he got a cell phone 13 years ago.

I've had Verizon since I have had a cell phone 13 years ago.

I switched twice, once to AT&T for a week and switched back to Verizon because of the service and TONS of dropped calls. Same thing a few years laterI switched to sprint but hated the service and switched back less than 24 hours later.

He's being stubborn and refuses to switch to Verizon even though he acknowledges the coverage area sucks and he has lots of dropped calls.

I'm being stubborn because I like Verizon.

We could save about 1200 a year if we were on the same plan but it looks like neither one of us is willing to switch to the others carrier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenbscott
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I would switch to verizon. Especially after admitting all the dropped calls and ad coverage areas...
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Do you share any other bills?  Seems odd to me, but whatever works for you guys.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

you would save $1200?? How much are you paying now? Jeez. I switched to the same service provided as Dh because Dh's work paid for his phone service and gave me a 50% discount on my service....

Personally; I think you guys are being stupid... you'd rather be stubborn than save $1200?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Really you like your service providers enough to not want to save over a grand?? idiots

starlight91
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
all 4 of us are on our own plan , we have virgin mobile.each have our own separate account.
.stella.
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

If you have the money, who cares?

Kara242
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

i wouldnt give up verizon either! Sprint in my area SUCKS! I have had verizon for 13 years and just added my dh when we got married!

wodntulk2kno1
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have been with Verizon forever. I would not change. I get great coverage for my area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Well yes and no. He moved in with me so all the bills are in my name but he pays half of the household bills. I pay things like my car and health insurance and car note and he helps pay the light bill and rent and cable and food.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Do you share any other bills?  Seems odd to me, but whatever works for you guys.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have Verizon. I love them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN