Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So you know EVERYTHING? S/o post of 11yr old sexually active

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
9 moms liked this

Instead of proofing mthis post, I'll leave you with grump cat, because it seems to fit many of you ladies and your attitude lol

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM

BUMP!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Your Mom and Dad could have created an atmosphere that would have made you comfortable to talk to them and could have created a sense of self-worth within you that would not have allowed you to be talked into having sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. While I didn't have sex till I was married, and my parents were super laid back, my neighbors were super strict and both girls were teen moms after 2 and 3 abortions each. So sometimes you can be a great/strict/aware parent and still have a kid who finds a way to do as they want.
Life is not back and white!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

my teen isnt permitted to date until they are at least age sixteen. Perhaps you shouldnt have been dating at fourteen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I told them everything else. At the TIME the sex was the only thing that felt good. Obviously only for short amounts of time. I did talk to them about bring depressed and they were supportive and got me help. I also didn't realize until later that being hyper sexual was part of my issue.

My point is mostly that parents cannot know everything, and cannot parent perfectly. The ones who say otherwise are hiding something or are willingly blind. The 11yr old is an extreme case, I was definitely not even remotely thinking about even dating at that age

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Your Mom and Dad could have created an atmosphere that would have made you comfortable to talk to them and could have created a sense of self-worth within you that would not have allowed you to be talked into having sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I wasn't allowed to date. I found ways around it, like I said. He was a "boyfriend". My parents didn't like the kid at all and did everything they could to keep me away from him. Teens are resourceful when they think they know better

Quoting thetrollcat:

my teen isnt permitted to date until they are at least age sixteen. Perhaps you shouldnt have been dating at fourteen.

Babygirl9609
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Amen! lol I agree with you. That's why I'm scared for my son to grow up. I want to be the best mother I can for him....and try to lead him down the right path. I don't want him getting some girl pregnant. Or getting into drugs and alcohol at a young age. Or get into gangs and stuff like that. I can only do so much. It's up to him to listen to me. My mom wasn't like REALLY strict but I did listen to her. I was scared to find out what she would do if I didn't lol. I never went out but I still managed to rebel a little. I wasn't horrible though. Basically I just drank behind her back. But I never did drugs while I was living with her. I don't think I turned out that bad and I lost my virginity at 17 because I was stupid and thank god I did not get pregnant by THAT guy. I ran away from home to live with my now, DF cuz I was stupid too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Everyone has done things they regret as a teen. It reflects more a young person trying to grow up than the parents. As good a mom as you had, doesn't mean you won't make mistakes, even if you hadn't been bipolar. I think being a good parent means teaching your kid not to hurt other people and think about others, and I don't really see anywhere in here that you hurt people besides yourself. I'm glad you're doing better now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you!! I just can't believe how many women can't understand how kids, teens ESPECIALLY, make their own decision, even while being well loved, parented, and educated. They have minds of there own.

It's easier to ask forgiveness, as the saying goes

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. While I didn't have sex till I was married, and my parents were super laid back, my neighbors were super strict and both girls were teen moms after 2 and 3 abortions each. So sometimes you can be a great/strict/aware parent and still have a kid who finds a way to do as they want.
Life is not back and white!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I think she understands now, or the best she can. I was adopted by them, and mental illness runs in that family which no one knew at the time. My mom had never dealt with it before

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone has done things they regret as a teen. It reflects more a young person trying to grow up than the parents. As good a mom as you had, doesn't mean you won't make mistakes, even if you hadn't been bipolar. I think being a good parent means teaching your kid not to hurt other people and think about others, and I don't really see anywhere in here that you hurt people besides yourself. I'm glad you're doing better now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)