Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Top 10 creepiest things children have said to their parents according to Reddit users

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 365 Replies
18 moms liked this

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/27/top-10-creepiest-things-children-have-said-to-their-parents-according-to-reddit-users-3668874/

Top 10 creepiest things children have said to their parents according to Reddit users

The Omen
Creepy: Damien in the remake of The Omen (Picture: Sarah Wilby Creative Publicity)

Reddit’s Ask Reddit function often throws up some weird and wonderful questions – and equally interesting answers.

This week Reddit users were asked: ‘Parents of Reddit, what is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?

Unsurprisingly there were an array of pretty terrifying responses, and we’ve rounded up ten of the best.

10. Creepy dating advice

‘I jokingly asked: “What’s the best way to get a girlfriend?”

’7-year-old’s response: “Tell her to be my girlfriend or she’ll never see her parents again”.’ – abluesxs

9. Sibling rivalry

‘My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, “Daddy its a monster..we should bury it”.’ – Like_I_was_sayin

8. Watch out grandma

‘Not to me, but to his grandmother.

‘He was cuddling with her and being very sweet (he was about 3 at the time). He takes her face in his hands, and brings his face close to hers, then tells her that she’s very old, and will die soon.

‘Then he makes a point of looking at the clock.’ – NotTomPettysGirl

7. Goodbye dad

‘I was tucking in my two year old. He said “Good bye dad.” I said, “No, we say good night.” He said “I know. But this time its good bye.”

‘Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still there.’ – UnfortunateBirthMark

6. Beware of monsters

‘While not something my own child has said, my younger cousin (around 5 at the time) once drew a picture of a a black monster, looked up at me, and said “He told me to draw this. He’s coming for you. You better hide.’ – Nilliak

5. Skin peel

‘I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughters face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, “I want to peel all your skin off”.

‘The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds. I didn’t know if I was dreaming, or what was going on.’ – psalm_69

4. Sibling rivalry part 2

“So I shouldn’t throw him in the fire?”

’3 year old daughter holding her baby brother for the first time.’ – olafthebent

3. Cat crucifixion

‘When I was about 3 we had a cat that had still born kittens. I asked my father if we could make crosses for them, which he did. As he was making them I asked: “aren’t those too small?”

‘Dad: “What do you Mean?”

‘Me: “aren’t we going to nail them to them?”

‘Dad: (after several moments silence) “we’re not going to do that”

‘Me: “oh” – Tom_Zarek

2. Past lives

“Daddy, remember that time we died?” –CtrlShiftZ

1. ?!

‘A friend of mine’s child told him “Daddy, I love you so much that I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can see your face whenever I want”.’ – GatorMcGovern

_______

Hahahaha! What creepy things have your children said to you?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
4 moms liked this

"I'm scared of my friend in the basement."

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I love number 1. He's only one so nothing.... Yet
aJiG827
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend's son, when he was about 3, kept talking about the guy in their house. Just randomly started mentioning this "guy". So, I was hanging out in my friend's room with him while she was getting ready. He said he wanted to hide under her blankets so we could scare her. We get under the blanket, and he chuckled and said, "He found us." I FREAKED the eff out. It STILL freaks me out. *shudder*

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I'm so glad my kids haven't said anything creepy...I'm a baby when it comes to that kind of stuff...haha...the worst I've heard was 'Mom, the alligators are going to get you, you're in the water!'...the couch was the boat, of course...

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
So funny I'm in tears
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My son had a friend named "Skin". Skin told him to do bad things. It was pretty creepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arabellas_Mommy
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Is it bad that I laughed? I guess that makes me creepy lol I think DD talks to ghosts. One day we went to the grocery store. When we were walking out heading back toward my car, when she looks at me and says 'Mommy your car is broken.' (We weren't even near my car at the time) I told her the car was fine, didn't she remember we drove there? She said 'Yes, but it's broken now. Monster told me.' (Monster is her imaginary friend)
We got to the car. I got her all strapped in. Got into the driver's seat. Put the key in the ignition. Turned it... And nothing. It wouldn't start at all. I never did figure out what was wrong with it :/
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM
4 moms liked this

ROFL, those are hilarious!

Let's see...my DS said "Uncle Steve's house smells like incest" (he was trying to say "incense"). And one time my DD told me I have nice boobies, lol.

Megara
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Those are hilarious! My DD is suddenly very interested in death and has started saying every day, "I hope we don't die soon."
twade26
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My daughter every night wants me to close the bathroom door because 'he keeps staring at me'. I don't know who 'he' is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN