Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

affirmative action

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Do you think there should still be affirmative action? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:19 AM
No I don't believe in Affirmative Action, while it's objective was meant for good at the time, it's no longer that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No I don't believe in Affirmative Action, while it's objective was meant for good at the time, it's no longer that way.

Says who? 

teenmom0305
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:36 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Says who? 

Says all those people who didn't get a job because of Affirmative Action who deserved the job because they were qualified yet didn't have the right skin color.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM
2 moms liked this

People should only get a job if they are qualified and earn the position. Same goes for getting into college or anything else for that matter.

I believe Affirmative Action is what helped perpetuate the "I'm entitled to it " generation that we see happening today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:00 AM
You uneducated fools need to get a clue and go back to school. The only people who complain about affirmative action are the ones sitting at home collecting welfare who complain constantly that there are no jobs. OR they have shitty jobs and want to complain there aren't any good jobs. Perhaps you need to get off of CM and get a degree and meaningful work experience. Also affirmative action was meant to level the playing field for underrepresented populations. It's was meant to include them in the screening process. So the are qualified! They have to have the same qualifications and ability to succeed as everyone else. Get your racist hick Podunk heads out of your country asses and read up on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Quoting SageAdvice:

People should only get a job if they are qualified and earn the position. Same goes for getting into college or anything else for that matter.

I believe Affirmative Action is what helped perpetuate the "I'm entitled to it " generation that we see happening today.

I completely agree with you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Really? You do know affirmative action also applies to other minority groups like women, and not just based on race. Yes please do some research because I'm certain like you, half of all  if not all Americans think it's based on race alone. Besides it was just in the 1960s when affirmative action was mandated, that wasn't too long ago, there are still people alive today who lived through that . 

Listen I'm all for getting a job or going to school based on merit and working hard, I really don't need you to feel sorry for me or give me a  hand out, however if things were left up to certain entities just to decide who get to go where and work where things wouldn't have really changed that much from the 1960s. Whether you want to admit it or not there are people out there that would rather see things stay the same than change it for the better. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Says who? 

Says all those people who didn't get a job because of Affirmative Action who deserved the job because they were qualified yet didn't have the right skin color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)