Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any lefties?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 35 Replies
My husband is a south-paw and we have a heck of a time finding pens that work well for him. Does anyone have the same problem or know of pens that work well and don't smear?
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM

South paw? I'm a leftie and never had a problem with pens smearing. I have a feeling he's holding the pen wrong (taught by righties) so his wrist is twisted inward and as he's writing smears the ink. I was lucky to be taught by a leftie so my wrist goes the opposite way plus I angle my paper up. My daughter is also a leftie but writes "wrong" for a leftie because she was taught by a rightie.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I only use ball point pens and don't have smearing issues. I cant use pencil cause of it though or pens that don't dry immidetly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I'm ambi :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I only use fountain pens

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I'm a lefty I don't have that problem with pens. Only pencils. It sucks when I'm drawing something really nice.
zoo003
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Two of my three kids are lefties and I was so happy that their kindergarten and 1st grade teachers were left handed. Although I, as a right handed person, tried to teach them correctly, they were able to really show (and practice) what works for a lefty (plus me writing with my left hand, to show them, was horrible).

OP-I am sorry that I cannot help you with this problem because my kids do not have issues when writing with a pen. I hope you find something that works for your dh.

Quoting Anonymous:

South paw? I'm a leftie and never had a problem with pens smearing. I have a feeling he's holding the pen wrong (taught by righties) so his wrist is twisted inward and as he's writing smears the ink. I was lucky to be taught by a leftie so my wrist goes the opposite way plus I angle my paper up. My daughter is also a leftie but writes "wrong" for a leftie because she was taught by a rightie.

alexsmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM

http://www.pentel.com/store/pentel-r-s-v-p-ballpoint-pen-1509

I use this pen and have never had smearing with it. You can buy them at walmart I think $1.50 for 2, but I've also seen a 2 pack at the dollar tree

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

ball point.  Actually, I have taught myself to be ambidextrous.  It is good exercise for the brain!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I use a 0.7 gel pen and an H2 pencil. Took me 30 years but these both work so well that I can take perfect notes in a lecture hall! The fine point on the pen ensures a super fast dry and the H2 pencil, artist pencil, is a smudge free graphite that is still dark enough to be read by a scantron machine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is too. I give him shit all the time for it :) I can ask him what pen he uses if you'll like my post so I can find it later
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)