Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a Total "B?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So a friend of mine has invited me to an out of state first birthday party for her son who is a few days younger than mine. I have told her I'm not able to make it. She still sent invite anyway. Ok, that's sweet, but she included a REGISTRY for the party. A REGISTRY, in case "I wanted to send a gift." Wth???? Seriously? First off registries aren't for birthday parties, they are for Weddings and Babies. Secondly, sending an invite to ANYTHING with a registry announcement is considered TACKY beyond TACKY, and third why would a kid from a "well to do" family need a registry?

I know a lot of people now throw their own baby showers and weddings and include registries even though it's considered taboo. I'm not debating that, that's another post for another time. I realize that's more excitable now, but birthday parties??? Ewe! To me it says "I'm inviting you so you will give my kid a gift!"

I'm not saying anything to her. I'm not saying anything to anyone else. She already asked me my thoughts on birthday registries before she made the stupid thing. I just think it's tacky and rude. I needed to vent!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of someone doing that for a birthday party. I would have to agree with you it's a little tacky..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
I think so too, but she says "that way we have less of a chance of getting crap we don't need!" Niiiiiice!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Bahahaha! She wouldn't like me. I wouldn't even check a registry for a bday party!
anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Send a card and http://www.amazon.com/Should-Complete-Manners-Choice-Winner/dp/0615524079/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1367295661&sr=8-11&keywords=etiquette+for+kids

Its a book of manners for kids. Moms a lost cause but the kid has a chance, lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Rotfl
jesistar6910
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

That is tacky. I would send a nice card with a $10 gift card to Toys R Us or something. Shit, Walmart even. Hmfph...birthday registry.::eyeroll::

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I think I'll do for her son what she did for my nephew "a donation was made in your name to the ASPCA!" My nephew is terrified of animals, always has been...he was nipped by a neighbors dog
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  It is indeed tacky.

cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I personally wouldn't mind it. People ask me ALL the time what the kids want and sometimes I get side tracked or tell 4 people the same thing. I would imagine she sent them with all invitations. I wouldn't be offended.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Yup, a big fat one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured